Chapter 3

My Jessica... she's gone. Maybe I can tell Steven how I feel now. Damn! I have to go clean the spare bedroom.

"Hopefully we won't need it." I accidentally said out loud, a blush slowly forming across my cheeks.

I slowly wandered into the dusty room and flipped the light switch on. An unused computer desk sat in the far corner, alongside a large window. A decent sized bed was placed against the opposite wall, next to a small midnight-blue nightstand. I let out a small sigh and started dusting off the desk with a feather duster. I slowly proceeded to hum a soft tune as I dusted, occasionally sneezing in the process.

My humming was interrupted by a vibration in my back pocket, my phone was going off.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey buddy, how are you feeling?" It was Steven.

"I'm feeling a lot better now that I think about it," I answered honestly.

"That's good, that's good... so how long do you want me to stay for?"

"Steven, you can stay as long as you'd like,"

"Really? Great, thank you Anthony! Oh damn, I have to go, bye!"

"Bye." I managed to say before he abruptly hung up.

I wish I could talk to that man for hours, I admit, I was pretty disappointed that he hung up on me. Sighing, I turned toward the bed, time to change the sheets and pillowcases.

-~ Steven's POV (Ze) -~

I felt bad hanging up on my best friend like that, I just needed to hear his voice. I could talk to Anthony for hours on end, without getting even slightly bored, but I had to start packing for my flight tomorrow morning, I think I might stay for around 2 to 3 weeks.

After all my hard work packing, I ended up with 3 whole suitcases full of necessaries and pointless items. I spread out on my bed and slowly shut my eyes, letting the dreams consume me.

It was of Anthony and me.

"You know, ZeRoyalViking, I, well, how do you put this," he said, slowly advancing towards me.

"You what, Anthony?" I asked.

"I don't know how to explain it, but maybe this will help,"

He leaned in and brushed his full lips against mine. I closed my eyes and gradually let the kiss get more intimidating.

"Steven," he groaned against my lips.

I wrapped my arms around him in an embrace as our mouths danced passionately. Suddenly he pulled away.

"Steven I lo-"

I quickly leaned forward, trying to steady my breathing.

"It was just a dream" I whispered, not ready to face my own disappointment.