Chapter 12

When I was sure that Steven was sleeping, I finally let myself fall into a deep slumber.

I awoke to a feeling as if I was being watched. I stumbled out of the bed, letting the cool air hit my bare chest.

I wandered down the staircase and in the general direction of the living room. Something catches my eye and I break into a sprint.

"Steven!" I screamed in an unmanly tone.

Staring blankly at the scene infront of me, my eyes started to water, no, not water, I was crying. Steven hung from the ceiling with a rope around his neck. A cold chill filled the room as I ran up to his lifeless body, struggling to get him free.

Tears blurred my vision as someone shook me, violently. Squinting through the tears I managed to make out a face.

Steven... only... it wasn't truly him.

-~ Steven's POV (Ze) ~-

I violently tried to shake Anthony awake as he cried in his sleep, whimpering, he snapped open his eyes, taking in the surroundings.

Before I could comfort him, he pulled me into a tight hug.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again," he whispered into my ear.

I pulled away, and flashed him a confused look. "What was your dream.. err, I mean nightmare about?"

"You... you were dead, hanging by a rope..."

"Oh god,"

"Yeah..."

"Do you want me to get you a bottle of water, Anthony?"

"P-please..."

I stood up and guided myself towards the door, seeing as though the lights were off. Just as I touched the door handle, I turned around.

"And don't worry about me doing that... I love you too much," then I left the room.