5 - Odd Couples

© To the original author

"Well damn," Kai said looking up at the newly posted list for their Dramatic Arts class.

Rosé and Jay - The Notebook

Jisoo and Lisa - Romeo and Juliet

Jennie and Taemin - Macbeth

Hyolyn and Jackson - Dirty Dancing

Nayeon and Kai - Twilight

Etc. Etc. No one cares about anyone else.

"Freaking Im Nayeon? Really?" Kai said out loud.

"Trust me Kai, I'm not any happier about this," Nayeon said next to him, a frown on her face.

"Why wouldn't you be happy? You get to do a love scene with the most popular guy in school!"

"Popularity isn't everything Kai. Besides, I take the performing arts very seriously and I know for a fact you won't pay it the same courtesy."

"Oh please, this whole class is a load of crap! I just wanted the easy A, and seriously? Fucking Twilight?" he told her.

"Believe me, I am not a Twilight fan either. I mean honestly! It doesn't even have any good romantic scenes!"

"Never seen it."

"Well...um, neither have I...but I promised myself I would perform anything thrown at me with 110 percent of my effort! My talent is too good to waste!"

"Please, acting is totally lame!" Nayeon gasped, how dare he?

"Well, I assure you I will be talking to Ms. Kwon about a change in partnership. I refuse to work with someone with such little appreciation for the Arts!" People were protesting the list all over the place.

"There is no way I'm letting you do that scene with her!" Hyolyn yelled from across the group.

"Honey, it's just a project! I'm sure Jennie doesn't like it much either."

"Ugh he's right- like, who the fuck is Taemin?" Jennie asked the crowd.

"Umm, that would be me," the thin dapper boy said raising his hand.

"Oh! I thought your name was Porcelain," Taemin rolled his eyes.

"Yeah Hyolyn, it's not like I wanted to be partnered with your boyfriend," Rosé said.

"This is bullshit! I'm talking to Ms. Kwon."

"Umm I'm perfectly fine with my partner but could someone explain to me what Romeo and Juliet is? Is it like a band or something?" Lisa asked raising her hand.

Jisoo slapped her forehead.

"Hyolyn, I hope you know I can't dance," Jackson told the angry girl.