6 - Another Side

© To the original author

"Yeah sure, no...my mom is out of town...no, I understand. You're welcome anytime...okay, see you soon," Jisoo said into her phone after it rang, interrupting the girls movie.

"Who was that?" Jennie asked.

"It was Rosé, she's coming over."

"What? Why?" Jennie's tone was harsher than she meant it to be. She didn't want to interact with the blonde anymore than she had, not just because she disliked her but also because...she was beginning to like her. Okay 'like' wasn't the correct word- more like...tolerate.

"I'm not sure, she just said it was a family emergency," Jisoo explained vaguely.

"Well," Jennie sighed," There goes our eventful night of movies and junk food."

"What, Rosé can't watch movies with us?"

"I don't think it would be a good idea if I stayed if she's going to be here."

"C'mon Jen, I thought you guys were getting along now! You are dating after all..." Jisoo smirked.

"Yeah well, our relationship is strictly business."

"Please just stay. Pleeeeaase, I'm sure she won't mind," the brunette pouted and used her big eyes to her advantage. Truthfully, Jisoo just wanted to see how they interacted with each other- without having to pretend they were dating- to deduce if either of them could be developing something more than hostility hopefully, friendship at the very least.

Jennie caved when her lower lip started to tremble slightly.

"Ugh fine. You owe me one though," Jennie agreed reluctantly.

"Yaaaaay! Thanks Jen!" she said hugging her tightly, and then the doorbell rang, "Just on time!"

Jennie followed her friend to the door, staying back while she answered it.

The last thing Jennie expected was a small boy with a mess of brunette hair to come jumping into Jisoo's arms.

"Chichoooo!" Jimin exclaimed as he clung to her.

"Little J!" she said hugging him. The door opened more to reveal Rosé.

"Jennie?" she said surprised. Jennie looked like a deer caught in the headlights. Among the shock in the blonde's eyes was anger and frustration, but her whole face screamed sadness.

"Um...hey," she said forcing out a small smile. It was evident that Rosé wouldn't be in the teasing mood.

"Are you okay Rosé?" Jisoo asked, still holding Jimin in her arms.

"I- can I talk to you...alone?" Rosé asked. Jennie was offended slightly until she saw that Rosé's eyes darted to what she assumed to be her brothers and not hers.