30 - Homecoming (Final)

© To the original author

***

Rosé gritted her teeth and nearly growled, "What are you doing here dad?"

"Who is this girl Rosé?" The man said purely curious as he looked at Jennie. The shorter girl herself was speechless, something that didn't happen often. Her mind was reeling because this man in front of her, this tall, gruff-looking man was Rosé's infamous father.

She could see the resemblance- but just barely. He didn't look so good. And in her mind, she couldn't help but think she wanted to make him look a LOT worse for what he did to Rosé.

This was the man who hit her.

"That's not any of your business. God! This is just like every other fucking time you stumble into this house, demanding to know about me or Jimin like you suddenly care! I am SICK of-"

"Rosé please, I'm sober, I swear- just hear me out."

"No, I want you out of this house. Now."

"Please, if you listen to me for the next 10 minutes I promise I will never bother you, Jimin, or your mom again," Rosé paused. Considering it. Of all the times she's seen him since everything started to go downhill she's never seen him so earnest. But she wasn't going to believe him that easily.

Mr. Park was desperate to get his daughter to listen to him, he quickly turned to address Jennie, "Please, you two seem close- I can tell. Please, convince her." Jennie's eyes went wide, not expecting he would talk to her directly. Before she could say anything Rosé stepped in front of her, as if to shield her.

"Don't talk to her," she practically snarled. Badass Rosé was surfacing and sweet Rosé was momentarily fading to the background. Cautiously, Jennie touched her girlfriend's hand. The other girl flinched but turned to her- her eyes a flurry of emotion, anger, fear, weariness, sadness...but under everything, there was that small shimmer of hope. Hope that maybe he was telling the truth and that if she gave him these five minutes, he'd leave them alone for good. Jennie zoomed in on that.

"Maybe..." She whispered, glancing at Mr. Park who was obviously looking away like he was trying to give them a private moment, "Maybe you should give him a chance? Maybe...he'll finally leave you alone."

"Maybe..." Rosé said, "or maybe he's just saying the same bullshit he always has," she spat.

"Look...I'm not too keen on him being here... Actually, I hate it and I trust him as much as you do. But maybe he actually has something worth saying. And I'll be right here next to you, if you want me. Or I can go to another room, anything you want." Rosé studied her girlfriend's face, looked deep into those eyes she loved so much and sighed deeply before turning to her father.

She hoped she wouldn't regret this.

"Fine, you have five minutes." For the first time that day the man gave the tiniest and saddest of smiles, "Jennie, can you please wait in the other room?" She asked politely, and the brunette nodded,