19 - Date Night

© To the original author

***

Never had Rosé EVER spent this much time trying to pick an outfit. Not for school, or parties, or 'dates', or weddings- never. Picking an outfit never seemed like such a big deal.

So why was it now?

Yes, Jennie was special to her but she's seen her tons of times in countless outfits. It's not like it was any different.

Okay, yeah it was. Maybe...maybe it was because she was actually trying to impress the girl. She had never really wanted- or needed- to impress someone before. But Jennie...she was different. What if she was disappointed if it didn't look like she tried enough for her? Or what if she laughed for trying too hard?

Then it hit her.

She was NERVOUS.

Rosé Park was nervous to go on a date. That's why she felt like she couldn't breathe, or that nothing she did could be good enough. Rosé asked Jennie out; she had spent the time and made the effort to think of the perfect date for her. Hopefully, Jennie liked it...

She checked the time, she had forty minutes left to get ready and she was just standing in her underwear, hair, and makeup done.

'Okay Park Chaeyoung, this isn't that hard. Just pick something!'

She told Jennie to dress semi-formal but she barely knew what that meant anyway. She was taking her to a fancy restaurant but it wasn't like...evening gown fancy and they lived in Seoul- they couldn't be picky.

After tearing apart her closet she got it down to two choices. A floral summery dress that looked super awesome on her or a nice skirt, button-up shirt combo.

Now which to choose...but wait, maybe that dress was a little too casual and now that she thought about it she looked way better in that one blouse...

"UGGGH!" she yelled in frustration.

"Chaengie?" a voice came from the doorway.

"Chim!" she exclaimed, "Did I wake you up? I'm sorry Jimin." The little boy shook his head.

"You didn't wake me up Chaengie...but why were you yelling?" Rosé let out a heavy sigh.

"You remember Jennie right?"

"Uh-huh, she was really pretty. Like Big J but...different..." she smiled at that comment, and that he remembered her.

"Well, I have a date with her tonight and I REALLY like her so I REALLY want to impress her...but I don't know what to wear..." she pouted, laying back on her bed.

Without another word Jimin, her seven-year-old brother proceeded to go to her closet, pull out various articles of clothing, and throw them all directly on his big sister- catching her by surprise.