meeting her

Hey so this is another filler chapter to slow things down a bit. Short and sweet!  Pleas comment and vote it really does make my day! (dont forget to check out my other story The Last of the Fae)

=),

Emilestie

Chapter 12- Meeting her

This castle was huge! I was already lost...I only meant to get a hold of my surroundings but how was I supposed to get back. I better go find a footman or guard.

Looking around I saw a sweep of burgundy skirt as they went around another sharp corner to the right. Aha!

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" I ran after the mysterious person while holding up my skirts. Turning the corner I looked around. Where did she go?

"Yes?" A voice came out of the shadows

I gasped and turned towards the voice putting my hand over my heart in surprise.

regaining my composure I smiled into the shadows "I was looking for my rooms...Can you help me?"

A beautiful woman stepped out. Her hair was perfectly coiffed but her smile hid a sinister feel.

"Of course. Which wing are you in?"

"The West Wing."

The women's eyebrows lifted "You must be important to be put in such a prominent place so close to the Throne Room."

I curtsied "Lady Alexandra at your service. I am staying with my uncle until my debut."

"Of course! You are the talk of the palace you know."

Me the talk of the palace? I just got here!  "Good or bad?"

She seemed to ponder this before answering "It depends. Is it true you ran along the East Corridor about to burst into tears?"

The smile that I had on my face dropped "That is a over exageration."

The mysterious lady nodded in understanding "Most of them are. Shall we?" She held out her arm for me to take and after a hesitation I took it.

After many sharp corners and a series of staircases I was sure I would forget the way back soon. Stopping at my door I turned to her,

"This it it. Thank you very much and I hope to see you again."

"Likewise my dear." Turning she walked down the corridor and as I watched her she turned around one more time.

"Excuse my manners Lady Alexandra but I seemed to have forgotten to mention my name." Curtsying she said "I am the Duchess Eleanor Lenoma of Newberry." The Duchess smiled one more time before turning the corner leaving me in utter shock.

The Duchess of Newberry is the person I was sent to kill.