Remorse and a promise

-Hey guy I would appreciate it if you comment and let me know how it is!-

Thanks,

Emilestie

Chapter 4- Remorse and a Promise

Waking up after falling unconscious is not fun, and I would not recommend it. Holding the back of my head i sat up from the tavern floor and looked around. How long have I been out? I slowly got to my feet and brought my hand around to rub the back of my shoulders. Feeling something wet I pulled my hand back and looked at it curiously

Blood...

The events before I was knocked out came rushing at me

The man...J

Cutting my shoulder...

Me tackling him to the ground...

Him overcoming me...

Being knocked out...

My last words..."Why her?"

I slammed my fist into a table and screaming I yelled to the worn, wooden ceiling

"I HAD HIM! REVENGE! I HAD IT!"

Feeling my knees give way I brought my hands to my face staring at the blood on my hands I brang my voice to a whisper

"I am sorry mama...I failed"

A hand lightly touched my back and I whipped around seeing a handsome, light colored face staring down at me.

"Whats wrong?"

Backing away from him I just gave him a blank stare...Why couldn't he leave me alone with thoughts of my mother? I deserved to be swallowed up in the pain, and the remorse. I failed her! The world gave me a chance probably my last chance at revenging her and i failed! I did all I could do I ran, ran from my troubles and ran from the scene of the chance the universe gave me.

As I ran I could feel pursuit behind me

"wait! stop! I did not mean to startle you!" yelled the man from the tavern as he chased after me

Years of training, and killing have easily prepared me for long runs. Ducking into alleyways I finally managed to evade him and I slowly came to a stop after I could no longer hear his yelling or thick boots on the cobblestone behind me. Breathing heavily I came to another tavern and asked for a room.

Crashing onto the bed I dreamt of home, being loved, and everything I would never have again......

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Waking up the next morning I paid for the room and walked the streets letting my mind wander to J the man that killed my mother. Bringing my head up from my thoughts and holding my head steady I made a promise to myself and to mama.

I WILL find him and when I do he is in for a world of pain. I would not give up, for I will make him remember that his life belongs to me, and I am going to do anything to get it.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Authors message: Hey guys! so here is a couple questions to ask yourself...

Who is the guy in the tavern that chased after her once she ran off?

Well we see him again?

How well Josephine find the man that kill her mom?