The Letter

Chapter 13- The Letter

The door to my room opened with a loud creak and I winced at the sound. My personal maid was standing in the corner and looking around the room I saw that all my clothes have been put away into the grand wardrobe. I should thank her...What was her name again? Katherine?

"Thank you for doing this Katherine. You may go now." Curtsying she silently walked passed me and the door creaked once more as she shut it.

Sighing I went to my wardrobe to see what Maria had made for me. My eyes widened and I gasped the closet was filled with countless corsets, petticoats, and hoop skirts. Fingering the closest dress I took pleasure in the soft fabric. She made all of this in such a short time? Maria had said a week, but this supply had come in a matter of days from when I went to see her. It is almost like she has been waiting for the perfect moment to give these to me. Turning I saw something in the middle of the ornate bed. Katherine must of set it there after she had found it with the clothes.Opening it I read the unique slanted handwriting that I knew to be Marias,

My Dear Josephine,

I hope these clothes find you well after you short visit I could not but look back at the moments we had together. All of us your mother, me, and you my lovely Josephine. When you came to visit, I tried to stay strong, but I was amazed at how much you looked like your mother. That is why I am giving you some of her clothes that she trusted to me after she got married your father. I know the kind of work you do, killing people. Even a old maid hears things.

Remember the time you trapped yourself in the upstairs wardrobe? Your mother and me searched for hours only to find you stuffing your face with figs!

Tears fell on the page smearing the ink as I remembered the moment, when my mama was still alive. Shaking my head at myself I read on.

After that day, I barely left you out of my sight and after a while you caught onto it. Instead of me following you around It was the complete opposite! You followed me and your mother around endlessly. I cannot change who you are, but I can be here for you if you get lost on the way.

Remember how much I love you, 

Maria

Just knowing someone was there for me gave the strength to carry on and kill J. Wiping the tears that had started to fall I heard a light knock at my door.

"Come in." I saw the flash of a maids uniform as Katherine walked through the door and curtsied to me.

"Excuse me Lady Alexandra but I must get you ready for the ball."

Ball I had never heard of any ball and I questioned her about it

"What ball may I ask? Nobody has given me any mention to a ball."

Katherine seemed surprised at my ignorance before answering.

"The Debutane Ball of course, for the becoming of age ladys, which includes you."

"Oh I must have forgotten." Nobody had said I would have to actually make my debut it was only a premise to why I was here.

Oh bother...

How am I supposed to do this?

Okay...

Breath

In

Out

In

Out

I hope I have not forgotten mama's teachings over the years...

......................................................................................................................................................................

Authors Note-

OMG So..I was randomly on wattpad reading random stories...and BAM I look on my profile to fInd that....

I AM #250 ON THE WHATS HOT LIST

Okay so if you would please do a mini happy dance with me!

-Has mini happy dance-

Okay...Now that is over so...Thanks tons everyone for supporting me! Also keep voting and commenting my goal is to be number 200 with this chapter! After I read that I was # 250 on the whats hot list

-has another happy dance-

I got this out as soon as possible. I hope you enjoyed it and once again vote, comment, and fan!

ciao for now,

The Veryyyyyy Thankful Emilestie