Becoming a Lady

-okay so I guess you could call this a short filler-chapter... but I thought the story was progressing fast so I wanted to slow it down comments and votes please!-

xoxoxo,

Emilestie

........................................................................................................................................................................

Chapter 6- Becoming a Lady

Walking through the door into the little shop I heard a loud voice call from the backroom

"I will be right there!"

Wandering around I looked at the beautiful silks and laces on display. I cannot believe I am actually going through with this and buying some court dresses. Lost in my musing I did not hear the lady from the back come in and was surprised when she yelled my name,

"Josephine, Is that you???"

Turning around I looked her up and down doing a double take.

"Maria??"

Maria was my moms oldest friend and made all her dresses. I cannot believe Maria is here! I always thought of her as a second mom and I think she thought of me as her daughter because she could not have some of her own.

"Josephine, look at you! You have grown so much spin around let me see you."

Smiling at this nice surprise I twirled for her ending in a curtsy. Maria's face was practically glowing as she hugged me. After what seemed like minutes, Maria stopped hugging me and held me at arm's length.

"What can I do for you my dear?"

Oh she would love this..."I need some court dresses, jewelry, and powder for my face. The whole package!" I answered her internally groaning.

She just smiled and asked "Finally decided to get back into court life?"

"In a way..."

"Hopefully, you are going to start acting like a Lady now...I cannot believe you! Running around at all hours of the night..."

I just rolled my eyes. Whenever she started ranting about what I did for a living there was no stopping her. A couple of minutes later I stopped her by asking

"Can I get what I came for? Please?"

She just huffed at me "You are going to need a whole makeover to get a Lady out of you there is no way you are leaving here with just a couple of dresses!"

Oh bother...

....................................................................................................................................................................

About four hours later she had primped, styled, and powdered me within an inch of my life.

"Are you done now!?"

She just sighed "Yes...finally..."

Ignoring her attitude I turned towards the mirror and gasped at the person I saw there.

This strangers hair was perfectly coiffed and red ringlets fell down her shoulders perfectly falling at her waist. The green eyes popped out from her flaw less skin seeming to devour the world around her. The dress had intricate embroidery that accentuated her perfect waist. I seemed to be transported back in time. This person I was staring at...Me? No it could not be me.

"Look at you my dear! You look just like..." Maria stopped not wanting to finish the sentence I finished it for her not turning still mesmerized by the person in the mirror I murmured

"My mother"

....................................................................................................................................................................

Authors Note:

Hey peeps! PLEASE comment and vote! Also I have started a new story called The Last of the Fae. Please put a link in the message! Ill make sure you get credit for it.

Thanks,

Emilestie