Perhaps it is

The darkness that had enveloped me left in a rush of power and slowly I let the knife drop from my hand and clatter to the floor.The weight of everything I had learned was like a shackle attatched to my ankle and I could barely move as I made my way down the corridor. I left the bodies on the floor next to the knife. My eyes glazed over as I took twists and turns throughout the castle ignoring the stares and not stopping even when I heard the shrill scream, which was probably from whoever had found the bodies. Thought swirled in my mind as I came upon the hallway. The hallway that I had first met Jason in and I barely registered surprise that my feet had led me here as I sunk down onto the floor. The shadows enveloped me once more as the questions pounded into my head.

Was Jason really my half-brother?

Why did I care?

Why would my father want to bury my memory?

Did he not care for the family he left behind?

Did he care that mama died, when he was not there to protect her?

All of my troubles could easily be traced to one man...J. But now after everything that happened, why should I care if he lives or dies? Is this obsession to kill him warranted or am I really just trying to find something to occupy my thoughts away from my mama?

After so many years of being oriented towards one goal and not having a care for anything else, the magnitude of everything was slowly crushing me. The feelings that swirled around inside of me were completely foreign and I did not know how to deal with them. Many I could not even name the only ones that I could identify were:

Anger

Frustration

Sadness

Worry

These emotions were always there, but others I noticed were creeping up behind them almost starting to overshadow the others. One in particular started to rear its head as I thought about the space I occupy the place i had begun to think of as Jason's Hallway. 

I bolted upright as I realized this emotion for what it was. But it could not be! Could it? This feeling that I have not felt for years is so unfamiliar I could easily be wrong...

"Thought I would find you here!"

The familiar voice made me narrow my eyes as I tried to discern the person through the shadows that I was still laced in.

"Jason?"

Still slightly unsure I stepped forward only to run right into the person that I had just questioned.

"Oof!"

I took a step back and quickly went into a curtsy trying to hide my embarrassment.

"My lord I am terribly sorry to have run into you. I will leave now."

I was already out of the shadows, when strong arms came around my waist and pulled me back.

"My name is Jason not my lord."

I nodded as I pulled back from his arms,

"Of course. Now may I go?"

He crossed his arms as he looked over me,

"Not until you tell me why you are here. It seems to me this is becoming a habit."

Jason's tone was teasing but I still blushed before answering,

"I am sorry my lo-", I stopped myself, when I caught his warning look, "Jason I was just upset because I had just heard the worst news."

He smiled knowingly,

"Is this about the two ladies that were found murdered in the Middle Wing? It was quite close to your quarters! No wonder you are so frightened..." I smiled back at him and nodded while he looked deep into my eyes turning serious,"Alexandra you have no worries. I will protect you."

Him...protect me? It would be quite a change to not be on alert all the time and the feeling of securness he brought was welcomed. Even though the offer of protection was not needed it felt nice to have somebody offer to be there for me. The feeling I was about to think of earlier crept up onto me again. Was this? Could it be?

Love?