Information

I slammed the door behind me as I fell down to the floor of my extravagant bedroom. Everything was falling apart and I had no idea why. Was Jason trying to sabotage me? Was I losing my mind? Can I no longer discern my one purpose and my feelings?  I felt the prickling of tears, but I held them back. Slowly as the weight of the questions overcame me I fell into a deep and freatful sleep.

......................................................................................................................................................................

My eyes snapped open and I snuggled into the covers as sunlight poured over me my red hair blazing against the white pillows. My lips were starting to tug into a smile, when the events of last night over came me. My eerie happiness disspated as quick as it had came and turned into anger and confusion. Just at that moment a timid knock came at my door.

"Come in." my voice sounded slightly annoyed

The door creaked open showing a cowering Katherine "Miss? I have come to see if you would like breakfast brought?"

I was quite hungry and I opened my voice to say so, but a thought occured to me,

"Katherine why am in bed? I do not quite remember getting here."

A coy cmile replaced the timid one and Katherine made her way into my room,

"Master Jason came to see you and could not aquire an answer from you when knocking. I had been passing by and he had asked me of your whereabouts. I did not know, but I allowed him entrance only to find you sleeping on the floor!", I was still confused on how I had gotten here so Katherine continued with her explanation, "Jason being such a gentleman carried you to your bed."

Jason? Carried me? I sat up in bed and looked down at my apparel. I was in a nightgown not the gown from last night.

"Katherine?"

"Yes miss?"

"Who undressed me?"

A laugh escaped her mouth and she quickly put her hand in front of her mouth,

"Excuse me miss. But I of course undressed you."

I was still short-tempered and to have her laugh at me struck the fuse.

"Do you find it funny Katherine?", Her timid nature surrounded her again and she looked down at her hands embarassed, "Katherine! When I ask you a question you must answer. Understand?"

"Y-yes miss."

I glared at her trying to discern if she was mocking me.

"Good. Now you may go."

She almost ran out of the room like a rabbit barely stopping to curtsy leaving me with my thoughts.

The stress was getting at me more then I realized, I needed a way to vent my anger...

That's it!

Ill just...take out my anger on somebody else that always worked before! Standing up I opened my door only to find a surprised servant standing there.

"Uhhh umm Miss Alexandra I am one of the Duke's servants? The Duke has sent me to check on you. Are you okay?" 

One word in that sentence surprised me,

"What are you saying what Duke?"

"Master Jason." Confusion crossed her face, when I did not respond,"The man you danced with almost the whole ball? Surely you know him! He is your cousin after all." 

My cousin? Jason...that means...he is my half-brother? But...I thought that the way he felt towards me. Surely not...

I plastered a smile on my face,