Forced to continue

Weeks passed and most of my time I spent with Jason. We talked, laughed, and for the first time in years the weight was being lifted off my shoulders. I still don't believe that Jason is my half-brother and truthfully I think I have been avoiding the possibility.

My employer (For I refused to call him anything but) has been getting impatient and is waiting for me to finish the job with the Duchess of Newberry. But why would I want to? Jason was making me feel human again and I don't know if it is possible for me too leave that behind. I was walking around the palace grounds when I got confronted about the problem.

"Why have you not finished the job?" My employer said as he grabbed the sleeve of my red gown.

The flowers were in full bloom around me and I kept my eyes focused on those even as I grabbed his hand and forcefully removed it from my sleeve.

"Do not touch me.", he backed up a step as I continued,"To answer your question I have not yet gathered enough information about the Duchess to move forward with the assassination."

"I have all the information you need!"

Slowly I finally turned to look at him, "Oh?"

"Y-yes"

I almost laughed out loud at hearing him stutter. What a pathetic excuse for a man!

"Fine. Than tell me this...Where is the Duchess going to be this evening?"

"Well I do not rightly know..."

I smiled at this, for he had fallen right into my trap.

"You see? Without such information I cannot possibly kill her. I must pinpoint the perfect moment."

His face fell and I turned my back from him assuming the conversation was at a close.

"Wait!", I turned back raising a eyebrow at him as my employer continued,"The Queen is going to visit the Monarchy of Grealia later this week to strengthen ties because of the rumors of war. The whole castle will be running about trying to get prepared and most of the court are leaving with her. The Duchess is staying to look over the Queen's household. Could you not do it then?"

I knew that this was it. With that peice of information there was no way I could get around it. I must do it then, for there would be no better opportunity.

Keeping my composure I nodded my head at him, before turning once more. When I had gone around a corner with nobody in sight  I broke into a run.

Could I do it?

Could I leave Jason behind?

...............................

...............................

Ugh I know guys sorry about the very late upload. Case of writers block! Sadly this story is coming to a end =( But there well be a second one! Maybe a third....but probably not. Vote please! I really want to win the Action Genre for the Watty Awards.