➵ She's Better Now

After the bomb that dropped on Halloween, the girls were hoping for some peace in their otherwise eventful life, but instead fate dropped a bigger bomb

After the bomb that dropped on Halloween, the girls were hoping for some peace in their otherwise eventful life, but instead fate dropped a bigger bomb. Mona was released from Radley and she was coming back to Rosewood High.

The ravenette paid Hanna a visit in the middle of the night, leaving all five of the girls uneasy and restless. Currently, the girls, minus Hanna (who was still freaked out by Mona's abrupt appearance), stood at the Brew, waiting in line for their daily dose of caffeine.

"So this is the new world order?", Aria sighed, "We're gonna have to face off with Mona in school every day?"

"She told Hanna that she's better now", Emily shrugged.

"Better at what?", Spencer deadpanned, as Avery scoffed, "I'll tell you what. She sneaks in my house past midnight, I'm sleeping with a crowbar under my pillow."

"Yeah,the only question is, do we ignore her?", Emily wondered.

"Here's a hint", Avery hummed before rolling her eyes, "Yes!"

"Mona had serious insight into what happened to Maya. What if she could tell us why Garrett was killed?", Spencer pondered.

"So now you think Mona's the keeper of more secrets?", Aria countered.

"She certainly knows all of ours", Emily piped in.

"Of course and she has some kind of connection to the NAT club", Spencer added.

Avery huffed, "Do you have to crop that up in every conversation we have?"

"Spencer, that club ended while she was still loser Mona", Aria exclaimed, "Pre-lasik and metal mouth. If those pervs didn't even wanna peep in her window, then why would they wanna hang out with her? "

"Don't call them all pervs", Avery muttered under her breathe.

"Maybe she was peeping at them. Look, two members of the N.A.T. club are dead", Spencer stated, before looking at the glowering brunette beside her, "Sorry Avery, but I'm stating facts, okay? Maybe the person who killed Ali is still freaked out that there's a tape floating around somewhere out there."

"Did you...", Emily trailed of, her gaze fixed on Aria, "Did you ever ask your dad?"

"Ask him what?", Aria raised an eyebrow.

"About what Garrett said. You know, about him meeting up with Ali that night."

"My dad and I are finally getting along. Well, I'm not gonna slap him with some whacked-out story Garret made up so he could clear his own name", Aria scoffed.

"I hear you, but-", Spencer began before she was cut off by Aria, "But what?! Spence, Garrett lied about a lot. Why are we suddenly gonna believe anything he ever said?"

»» ««

The sight of students crowding at the entrance of the school piqued Avery's interest. Artfully, she weaved through the crowd, till she was almost in front. Mona was trudging up the steps, as the students around her began calling her names. When the ravenette met Avery's eyes, she perked up and shot Avery a grin.