➵Je Suis Une Amie

Can I let you in on a secret? Hanna gave Mrs

Can I let you in on a secret? Hanna gave Mrs.Montgomery the ticket!!!

-A

What the hell? Avery reread the message. A may be a lot of things, but certainly wasn't a liar.

"What am I supposed to do with this?", She yelled out to no one, pacing around her room, hoping that A could hear her, "Protect Hanna? Tell Aria? Gosh, you suck!"

»» ««

"Hanna!", Avery caught up with Hanna, who was standing in the queue to buy coffee.

"Avery! What-"

"Did you or did you not give Aria's mom the ticket?". One look at Hanna's guilty face was enough to know the answer. Avery clucked her tongue in annoyance. Just as Hanna was about to explain, Avery spotted Aria coming towards them and motioned to Hanna to stop talking.

"Hey Aria!", Avery and Hanna chorused.

"Hey", Aria smiled.

"Cute boots", Avery complimented, "New?"

"Oh, ish."

"What is with this line?", Hanna groaned, wanting to be as away from Aria as possible.

Aria sighed, "All the vending machines are on lockdown. Someone's been breaking into them after hours and stealing food. I heard this one kid say the alarm went off at like 3:00 AM. Someone's been sneaking out of the building In the middle of the night, which makes zero sense."

"Who'd wanna be here any longer than they have to?", Hanna mused.

"Hmm, well, I might. Going home just got scary", Aria pulled a piece of paper from her bag, which turned out to be the ticket to the art exhibition, "This was in my dad's coat. He said it's my mom's, But I'm starting to wonder if he was at the museum, too."

Avery and Hanna exchanged glances. "Your dad? No", Avery brushed it off.

"Why was he so twitchy when I asked? If they both were there the same night as me and Ezra-"

"Aria, you're just on a loop", Hanna cut in, "It was a coincidence."

"Besides", Avery added, "If your parents knew about you and Ezra, I don't think they would keep mum for this long."

"Come on, you don't think it's weird that my mom had a ticket the same night?", Aria pressed.

"Yes, a weird coincidence", Hanna interrupted before sighing, "Um, can you get my coffee? I'll be right back." Aria and Avery watched as Hanna made her way towards Caleb. Avery grinned, "I ship them already."