➵ My Name is Trouble

Avery was washing her hands in the restroom of the school

Avery was washing her hands in the restroom of the school. She smiled at the girl beside her, who did the same before heading out the door. Avery loooked around before announcing, "All clear!"

The rest of the girls exited the washroom stalls, simultaneously, eying Avery dirtily. Avery got to stand out of the stalls, whereas the others were stuck in the musty stalls. Her excuse? Her sprained ankle.

"Whoo, we gotta find a better place to do this", Aria exclaimed, "Somewhere preferably with a fan"

"Good luck", Spencer replied, rolling her eyes.

"Why don't we dig a tunnel under the school?", Avery suggested, motioning with her hands as Hanna examines her hand, her face scrunching up, "Uh, yeah, not with those hands. You need some serious moisturizer." Avery rolled her eyes.

"This letter isn't that bad, Emily", Spencer comforted the brooding tan girl, when she noticed her upset expression.

Emily shook her head, "It's bad."

"Won't your mom be impressed this guy even took the time to write?", Hanna asked before fishing a moisturizer from her bag and handing it to Avery, "Here, use this. It cost more than my purse." Avery squirted some onto her hand before passing it around.

"Guys, it's a maybe letter," Emily sighed, "My mom needs to see something real, something that says 'Let her stay in Rosewood. We want her. Don't take her to Texas.'"

"Em, there are other colleges", Avery tried to comfort Emily.

"Yeah, other scouts will want you", Aria added.

"When?", Emily exclaimed exasperatedly, "My mom's already packed up the whole kitchen. She keeps telling me I'm gonna like the rodeo."

The sound of people chattering and laughing amongst themselves came from the other end of the door. Spencer frowned, "Let's just do this later, okay?"

"Um, what about after school?", Hanna suggested.

"I can't today", Spencer shook her head, "I've got field hockey."

"I have swim practice", Emily shot Hanna an apologetic smile.

"Neither can I. I joined the dance team,", Avery grinned sheepishly.

"I'm starting my class at Hollis", Aria revealed.

"Is Jackie gonna be teaching it?", Spencer asked amusedly.