➵A Person Of Interest

Avery watched as Olivia marched towards the group of parents that were busy discussing about the current turn of events

Avery watched as Olivia marched towards the group of parents that were busy discussing about the current turn of events. The police believed that the girls had intentionally planted that trophy, hence had called them in for interrogation.

"Whoever said 'the truth will set you free' never met A". Aria scoffed, tired out by the intense cross-examination they had just gone through with the police. The rest of the girls had similar weary looks on their faces too.

"Jesus", Emily said, earning curious looks from the others, "It's from the bible. Jesus said it."

"What would Jesus do, if A was alive during his time?", Avery mused, as Hanna rolled her eyes ignoring Avery, "Then Aria's right, because that bitch is going straight to hell."

"I wasn't completely honest in there", Spencer confessed guiltily, "I should have been, but my mom was right next to me, And with the whole Wren thing, I couldn't bring myself to say that I also hooked up with Ian."

"That has nothing to do with this", Avery shook her head, "I lied about it too, Spence."

"You know, sometimes telling the truth does more harm than good", Hanna states.

"Who said that?", Aria asked as Avery absentmindedly replied, "Jesus." 

Hanna shot a look at an oblivious Avery before replying to Aria, "No, Alison!"

"Hey, Emily, Avery!" A voice floated from behind them as the girls turned around to see a familiar man.

"Garrett?", Emily and Avery exclaimed in unison.

"You're a cop now?", Emily asked curiously Garrett nodded, "Look, uh, sorry they're putting you through this", He paused when he heard someone call him, "Probably wants a refill on his coffee and another jelly donut." Garrett turned around and walked away.

"He looks good in a uniform", Aria glanced at the retreating figure, before turning to her friends who nodded in agreement.

»» ««

Avery walked beside Spencer and Hanna as the tallest of the three whined about her predicament, "I can't believe that this is happening."

"Do you want us to talk to them for you?", Avery asked sympathetically.

"No", Spencer rolled her eyes, as they approached Emily who was standing in front of her locker.

"Who?", Emily asked curiously.

Hanna crossed her arms and stated bluntly, "Spencer's parents think she's nuts", just as Spencer shot a look at her and corrected her, "Unstable." She paused for a second, "And why should they believe me? I mean, we have no proof. I'm the girl who cried wolf."

"And the wolf is living in your backyard", Hanna reminded Spencer.

"Right, which is why I need to get into room 214." Emily shot them a confused look as Avery explained, "Spencer thinks Jenna has a room at the Edgewood Motor Court."