Prologue.

Hello :) I'm Anna and this is my first ever Ashton Irwin fanfic so bear with me please

Also, I'm not an expert on vampires or anything, but I know most of the ins and outs of it. Oh, and by the way, I know it says in some movies and stories that vampires don't sleep, but in this book, they do. Not to be annoying, it's just because it helps with the story to make sense. My grammar may not be great either because autocorrect hates me, so sorry in advance.. :)

So the main character is played by Lucy Hale, picture is on the side.

And I may not be 100% good at updating but I'll try (: I think I'm going to update every.. Wednesday and Sunday. If not both, it'll be one of those days a week. Unless I haven't written anything.. In which case I'm sorry.

Thank you and please enjoy reading :)

-

My name's Evelyn Knight.

I'm that gothic girl who sits at the back of the classroom ignoring everyone in her path as she gets through each and every repetitive day.

The girl who wears black, black and black, her hair matching the girl's adventurous colour coding choices. The only colour is the cherry-like colour of her eyes, that everyone assumes are contact lenses.

I have enough mysterious secrets that if I had one pound for each one, I'd be rich.

People assume I'm sad and depressed because I don't have many friends, what they don't know is that I choose to be that way. I choose to be sarcastic and stubborn to every one, without caring of their reactions. I have one friend, Michael. He's great to be around and enjoys dying his hair many vibrant colours. See, I'm not lonely, I have him.

I could let you in on one secret of mine. So here it is; I'm a vampire. It's not a choice, - unlike how I act is - it's a way of being born. Like people were born humans, they didn't choose that, and they can't go back and switch to something different. It sticks. Just like this is going to stick to me for the rest of my life, and I'm going to continue to be this 'terrifying' and 'selfish' creature as people describe me in the movies and books.

I live with my Uncle Theodore, we call him Theo. I never met my parents, and my uncle told me that they just left one day due to something serious. He told me they aren't coming back, but honestly, I never expected them too anyway. My Dad was called Damon, according to Theo, and he had untamed black hair and deep, deep blue eyes. His personality was too much for words, I recall Uncle saying, I wanted to ask what he meant, but I never did. My Mum's name was Esme, and apparently she was gorgeous. She would allure many people with her beauty, but it never ended well for them. She had very long dirty-blonde hair, but she tended to keep it in large plaits or pony-tails, so it wasn't in the way. Her eyes were the same colour as the sun.

I lived with Uncle Theo since a short while after my first birthday, after my meeting with Harmony. Also know as, an oracle for vampires who would tell us about any danger of your baby, any false futures and any key aspects that you may need to know about them. The meeting would go on near your 1st birthday. According to Uncle Theo, I was no danger, and I had a good - meaning evil - future ahead of me. Also, a key aspect was that I was going to be very skilful with blood cravings, and find it easier to predict emotions. Sounds great, right?

I'm going to University tomorrow, seeing as I just turned eighteen.. Today. Yeah, that's right, it's my birthday. I'm not exactly overjoyed, age is just a number, and I have at least another thousand birthdays left in me. Turning eighteen also means I'll begin gaining all my full vampire powers. For instance, my reflection will disappear in the next few days, my blood cravings will begin, my evilness with strike and all in all, it's goodbye to the old Ivy.