14.

A couple of days passed where Ashton and I had ignored each other. In all honesty, I missed our argumentative conversations. It felt strange, walking around and not having someone offend or annoy me.

"Quiet past few days, don't you think?" I ask Alexis who's walking beside me down the corridors.

"Because you and Ashton haven't fought?" She raises an eyebrow and smirks.

"Well yeah," I shrug. "But it's just been quiet in general."

She smirks and nods, turning her head to look forward.

I think about these few weeks that I've been here. I've made amazing friends although it hasn't been long, and I've made enemies, of course. But do I really hate Ashton as much as I'd told myself I did? I mean, we kissed, and I didn't do anything to stop it.

"Music," Alexis hums.

"What?" I turn my head to look at her and she looks back, grinning.

"He's in music," she explains. "The class opposite yours, if you want to talk to him."

"I don't," I lie. "But why did you-"

"I know you want to talk to him so there's no point in hiding it anymore," she shrugs. "I won't force you to tell me something that you haven't admitted to yourself yet."

I didn't need to ask what or who she was talking about, but I did know she had a point.

"Thanks," I smile.

"You're welcome."

-

The sound of drums came from inside one of the 'practise rooms' in the music department, which the students use to play instruments and just generally make music. I had already looked through the windows of a couple of them to see if Ashton was there, but he wasn't. This last door was my final hope, and as I approached it the music got louder. Peaking through the window, I sighed in relief seeing Ashton sat on a stool playing the drums, and then occasionally stopping and writing something down on a sheet of paper.

I walk to the door and took a deep breath, before opening it and standing there in the doorway. Ashton took a moment to realise I was there, as he was writing away, but when he did, his eyes widened and he stood up, knocking over his stool and one of the drums. He put them back before standing up straight and guiltily looking at me.

"Hi?" He said.

"Hello," I walk into the room and let the door shut behind me.

"Um, are you okay?" He asks, clearly unsure of why I was here.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I, er, I'm fine," he assures me.

"I came to talk to you," I say and he sighs.

"About what?"

"You know what. Why're you being weird?" I raise an eyebrow and cross my arms over my chest.

"I'm not being weird!"

I snort, "really? Let's rephrase that then. Why're you not annoying me and being stubborn and sarcastic Ashton?"

"Do I annoy you?" He asks.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Well, you don't annoy me, we annoy each other."

"Sorry," he mumbles.

"Woah," I hold out my hands in front of me. "Who are you and what have you done with Ashton?"

Sighing, he says, "I got rid of him because he wasn't very nice," he shrugs, sitting on the edge of the stool.

"Are you really not going to tell me what's wrong?"