37.

And so there I was. On the last day at Uni for me, walking down the hallway to one of my last classes I would have. People say how much they hate school, college, university but in the end, everyone knows it'll be one of the best times of their lives - before everything becomes serious.

I look around the place, trying to take pictures in my mind to help me remember it. Damn, why didn't I bring my phone?

As I slip into Music, I take a seat directly at the back, ignoring making eye contact with anybody. I can sense Ashton not to far from me but I keep my eyes on my pile of papers. And I begin to feel his stare, though I don't meet it. Don't ask why I did it, because I don't even know that.

"Okay, class," the Professor walks in with a pile of music textbooks and a grim smile on his face. "Today we're going to be performing our songs."

A series of groans and cheers erupt around the classroom. I keep quiet, not wanting to attract any attention. The teacher chooses one of the boys at the front to play first. He stands up excitedly. As he's singing his song, I mentally prepare myself for mine.

Half the class later, the teacher finally points to me. I look behind me quickly, wondering whether he meant someone else.

"I'm pointing at you," he says, rolling his eyes impatiently. I stand up quickly and make my way to the front of the class, avoiding eye contact with anyone. Hurriedly, I grab one of the guitars and sit down in a seat provided.

"Name?" The teacher asks like he had for everyone else.

"Evelyn," I say, hating the sound of my name coming out of my mouth. "Knight. Evelyn Knight."

"And your song name?"

"Um," it takes me a moment to process his question. "It's called. ."

I know the name of it, of course, I'm just beginning to regret all of the song and have started to feel slightly insecure about it. I mean, Luke said it's great but maybe he was just saying that.

Taking a deep breath, i confidently tell the man, "End Up Here. I called it End Up Here."

He smiles slightly, "Whenever you're ready."

He says that, but we both know I have to do it now. And so I do.

I begin playing, just like I practised, keeping my eyes shut tightly. When it gets to the chorus, I open them and look around at everyone, my eyes landing on Ashton as I sing.

"How did we end up talking, in the first place?" I belt it out confidently. "You said you liked my Cobain shirt now we're walking back to your place. You're telling me how you like that song about living on a prayer. I'm pretty sure that we're halfway there but when I wake up next to you, I wonder how, how did we end up here?"

By the time I get to the next verse, I have to watch Ashton as he stands up and walks out of the room. I close my eyes again and quickly get out the rest of the song.

"That was great, thank you, Evelyn," the Professor says. I smile gratefully at him before rushing out of the class too. I look around quickly, finding no trace of Ash. I hear a door swing shut and I frown, following the noise which leads to one of the practise rooms.

I cautiously open it, peering around to see Ashton sat on the window sill, gazing out.

"Ashton?" I whisper. He doesn't reply. "I'm sorry."

"What for?" He suddenly asks, startling me.

"I don't know. Writing the song? Being a horrible girlfriend? Moving away?" I take a seat on the seat used for when you're playing the drums.