23.

"What. The. Actual. Hell." A deep voice says from across the room, and then I hear the sound of the door being closed. My eyes are closed as I snuggle further into my pillow that's strangely uncomfortable.

All of a sudden, I sit up abruptly in bed and regret that decision straight away. My head is pounding in my ears and I feel sick. I have a tingling taste in my mouth and my hands are clammy. My eyes fly open to reveal the fact that I'm not in my own bed. I'm in someone else's, and that voice does not belong to Ashton.

"Oh my god," I say, leaping out of bed and holding onto the table for support. a sigh leaves me when I realise that, luckily, I'm still in my dorm room, just in Alexis' bed instead of mine. Weird.

I wonder if the anonymous person is going to come back. If they do, what the hell am I supposed to say? Does this mean my relationship with Ashton is over? All the questions swimming around in my head are answered when the door opens again and in walks Alexis, wearing a towel over her hair. She has bags under her glossy eyes and a frown on her face.

She doesn't say anything, just walks over to my bed and begins making it, then does the same with hers.

"Alexis?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows.

She hums in reply, still sorting out her bed.

"What happened yesterday?" I sit on my bed, looking at her. Surely she knows something.

She sighs and sits on her bed, opposite me. "A lot."

I'm startled. Not only by her answer, but by her voice. Her voice is deep and manly. "What's up with your voice?"

"I'm not feeling too good," she explains, putting her head in her hands and sighing repeatedly.

I ask, "where did you sleep last night?"

"Here," she gestures to the room. "But in your bed. I don't know how or why."

I sigh in relief, "I thought I slept with a dude! Oh thank god."

She looks up and frowns again, "you don't remember anything?"

I shake my head, "well, last thing I remember is being asked if I wanted to play truth or dare. It's all a blur."

"You should look in the mirror," she says. I furrow my eyebrows at her. Why would I need to look in the mirror? Maybe someone had drawn something on my face or I had a pimple. Only problem is, I can't look in the mirror. Vampires can't ever see their reflections again once they've gone.

"Why? What's happened?" I ask, and realise that she's eyeing my hair that I realise is in a bun.

I slowly take it out, letting the hair fall onto my shoulders, and when I look down at the supposedly black hair, I see it's not that colour anymore. The end of my hair is dip-dyed a vibrant colour of pink and it stands out so well.

"Woah," I say, pulling on my hair as if that'd magically get the colour out. "What even- what?"

"I remember Scarlett and you walking away from the circle while we were playing truth or dare and exclaiming you were going to dye your hair."

I raise my eyebrows because that does not sound like me. Alcohol clearly made me wild. And not a good wild.

"It looks fine," she says, as if reading my mind. She gives me a small smile, but then goes back to frowning.

"Are you upset?" I ask. Alexis is always such a positive and happy person, so seeing her upset was so unusual.

"No, I just feel ill," she insists. "Listen, I'm going to head out and get some fresh air."