10.

I had English this morning, and I was running late. I grabbed my stuff and used my speed - since there was no one in the halls - to get there just in time.

I walked in and sat at the back. Apparently I wasn't as late as I thought, as someone comes in after me. This guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. He seemed familiar, but I decided not to question it anymore.

"Sorry I'm late, sir," he said, and yeah, I definitely recognised that voice.

"It's okay, sit down Peter," the teacher said.

He nodded and walked to the front and sat down. I definitely recognised Peter. But I wasn't sure where from.

Throughout the lesson, I kept shooting him glances, simply because I couldn't quite put my finger on it, and maybe it'd give me an idea. But I had no luck.

I also noticed Ashton looking at me a few times. I acted like I couldn't see, but I definitely did.

After class, I stood up and slowly gathered my stuff together. The Peter guy was also packing slowly, so I managed to get to him when we got outside the classroom.

"Hi," I said.

He turned to look at me and his eyes widened a bit, he covered it up as if he hadn't done anything. "Hello."

"This might sound strange but I recognise you from somewhere," I say awkwardly.

"Yeah, me too," he nods, eyeing me.

"What's your surname?"

"Foster," he says.

"Peter Foster," I say, deep in thought. Then it clicks. "Peter Foster from High School!"

"Wait, are you Evelyn?" He asks and I nod. "Wow, you've changed so much and it hasn't even been that long."

"So have you!" I exclaim. "So how are you?"

"I'm good, yeah," he says, leaning against a wall. "I've been here almost a year but I only just moved to that English group."

"Yeah, I was going to say, I would've noticed you," I say.

"So are you going to lunch now?"

"Yeah, would you like you join? I could introduce you to my friends," I ask.

Alexis and Cal would be fine with me inviting a friend, right? And surely the others would be too.

"Okay," he smiles.

We talk about how our lives have been since we last spoke. I discovered that Peter just broke up from a long term relationship with his girlfriend, but he was just about getting over it.

Once we reached our table in the dining hall, I discovered that everyone was sat there. They looked up when we arrived, well, everyone except for Ashton, who was glaring at his plate.

"Hey Evi," Alexis says, grinning. She then notices Peter stood beside me and raises her eyebrows. "Who's this?"

"Guys, this is my friend, Peter. We went to high school together and we haven't spoke since," I explain, sitting down on a chair and gesturing Peter to the one beside me. He obliges.

"Hello Peter, nice to meet you," Calum speaks up.

The others say a few 'hi's and 'hello's. Ashton still not looking up from his plate. I notice Scarlett and Michael looking rather comfortable at the end of the table together, both their hairs looking vibrant and bright.

"Hey Peter!" Michael says, smiling. He clearly remembered the guy too.

"Michael Clifford? Wow, this is a surprise," Peter says. "You didn't have blue hair when I saw you last. I think it was pink."