9.

"Hey, hey, hey," Alexis chirps, coming through the door and shutting it behind her. "I heard about what happened in the Physics department yesterday."

Since then, Ashton had tried to talk to me at least five times. He'd randomly popped up and called my name but I'd just walked ahead and ignored him. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm simply ignoring a conversation about kissing my enemy. No big deal. The chat could easily be avoided.

"How'd you even know that? You were in law," I ask, furrowing my eyebrows and very slowly taking out my ear plugs.

"Word travels fast," she exclaims.

I roll my eyes and decide against responding. Until she innocently passes me a large chocolate cookie, biting into another one while leaning against her desk.

"Bribery is never the answer," I exclaim while staring down at my iPod.

"So you don't want the cookie?" She asks, reaching towards it slowly.

"I didn't say that," I say, biting into it before she gets a chance to take it.

"Spill," she says, sitting beside me on the bed.

"Fine," I huff. "Nothing happened."

"So you did nothing?" She asks.

"Well, we talked. Like I said, he was feeling ill so I took him into the cupboard and got him to calm down," I explain.

She snorts, "'took'?" I nod. "Honey, I've had enough versions of how you shoved him in the cupboard to last me a lifetime."

"Okay so maybe I pushed him," I shrug, "a bit."

"But seriously, nothing interesting happened?" She asks, disappointedly.

"Nope, nothing happened," I nod.

"Oh," she frowned. "I was thinking it would be like a romantic movie where you start off as enemies but end up falling in love."

I hit her playfully. "Shut up!"

"Well, I thought there was a reason as to why you're so nervous around him."

I hit her again, "I am not nervous around him!"

I'd had enough of people saying that, it was really starting to annoy me. How and why would I be nervous around Ashton Irwin?

"Sorry, just looks like it," she says innocently.

"Well, you saw wrong," I shrug, taking a huge bite of my cookie.

-

I was walking along the hallway with Luke that evening,straight after having dinner.

"What does it taste like?" Luke randomly asks.

"What?"

"Blood," he exclaims. "What does it taste like?"

"I wouldn't know," I shrug. "Never tasted it. But I imagine it's kind of sweet tasting."

"Are fangs annoying?" He asks.

"Mhm," I mumble. "Sometimes, but I'm kind of used to it."

"Why'd you wear so much black?"

"Wait, when did I sign up to play 21 questions?" I say, teasingly.

"I'm just curious."

I sigh. "I'm just comfortable wearing black. I don't want to show off my skin like other girls in an attempt to allure boys. I just don't see the point, any good guy wouldn't judge you for looks. And I don't like all these bright colours that girls wear, it doesn't suit me."

Luke nods, humming. "What're you going to do when it gets sunnier?"

"Stay inside," I shrug. "I also have this sun-scream stuff for vampires but it's safer to stay in. You could keep me company though, right?" I nudge him with my elbow.

"Sure," he smiles. We reach Luke's door which is one of the first on our floor, and he says goodbye to me. "See you tomorrow?"

"Of course," I grin. "Bye Luke."

He walks inside and I wander on down the hall. Once I reach my door, I get out my key from my pocket. While trying to get the door open, I hear someone yell out, "Evelyn!" and I notice the voice immediately.

I begin going faster with trying to open the door, but Ashton uses his speed to reach me, standing in front of my door.

"You can't ignore me forever," he says.

"I can try," I mutter, turning and sprinting to the lift, pressing the button before Ashton can get there.

I jog to the library, deciding that I should really work out more considering I could barely make it there. Inside, I sit down on a seat, relieved and closing my eyes shut.

"You're going to have to try harder than that," someone says and my eyes whip open, revealing Ashton stood in front of me.

I huff, standing up and going to walk away, but Ashton stands in front of me.

"Stop it, Ashton," I say, in just above a whisper.

"Why can't we talk about it?" He asks, putting his hands on his hips.

"Because."

"Wow, that is a great reason," he mutters, sarcastically.

"Just leave it out, Ashton!" I yell.

The librarian suddenly comes over to us, her face looking offended. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

I look at Ashton with a displeased expression, "thanks a lot."

I push past him and walk out of the library, Ashton following.

"Please can we talk?" He says and I stop walking, turning around and looking at him. He looked sad, and I almost felt bad.

"What's there to talk about?"

"Why did you kiss me?"

I sigh, "to calm you down. Why did you kiss back?"

He stays silent for a moment, before saying, "to calm myself down."

"Right," I nod.

"Are we just going to.." He drifts off.

"Forget this?" I offer and he nods. "Sure, if you want."

"Okay," he shrugs, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"So is that it?"

"I guess," he says, giving me a small smile before turning and speeding away, past the library until I can't see him anymore.

I run my fingers through my long, black fringe, before beginning to walk home. The walk was at a slow pace, which gave me plenty of time to think. I thought about everything that's happened recently, from leaving my Uncle, to the kiss with Ashton. Meeting Alexis and the others, to becoming a proper, full vampire.

Ashton was the main thing in my mind, and as much as I tried to get him out, I just couldn't. Sure, we'd agreed to forget the kiss. So why was it still lingering in my mind like a bad smell, that I couldn't get enough of?