30.

A/N

CHAPTER 30 UHM WHAT?! Okay honestly I can't believe that I've got this far with the story.

Btw in this book, Transylvania is like another world, not another country. And it's full of vampires - not humans {fiction purposes}.

"What?!" I choke out, staring with my mouth hanging open at my Uncle. He looks down at the floor, ashamed. At this point, I don't even care if Ashton can hear us.

"I bit a human," he repeats, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Wha- when?"

"A couple of weeks ago."

I feel afraid to even ask the question. With a shaky voice, I do, "are they dead?"

"No." He says, firmly. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

Relieved, I sigh, but then my eyes widen again, "wait so that means they're-"

"Vampire," he finishes. "Yes."

I feel as if my legs could give out any minute. "Killing her would have been better than giving her that life."

He quickly explains, "it wasn't my choice."

"Then who's was it?!" Is he lying to me to cover up his tracks?

"Business people," he says, then goes into a thorough explanation. "We were in a meeting, all vampires- it was about the evolutionary march in Transylvania to try and get vegetarian and meat-eating vamps to be civilised in the South. Cara, the work experience girl who was new in today, comes in with tea, and when she leans over me to put the tea down, I just-"

"I don't know if I wanted to hear this," I interrupt.

He continues anyway, "bit her. They decided as she was running low on blood to change her instead of leaving her to die."

"And how did Cara feel about your decision?!" I ask, shaking my head.

He annoyingly shrugs, "she thanked us for not letting her die."

"Did she thank you for changing her life?"

He raises his eyebrows, "what do you think?"

"No!" I almost shout. "I'm sorry but you don't get to be sarcastic right now. Of all moments, not this one. Tell me, how do you feel?"

"Honestly?" He asks and I nod. "Thirsty."

I angrily grab a glass from the cupboard above the microwave and put it under the tap, filling it up before shoving it into his hand. "Then drink this, think about everything that's gone on and let me help you get better."

He nods slowly, taking a large sip of water. When he's finished, he swirls it around in the glass, then admits, "I always knew you'd be looking after me when I got old."

"You're not old," I tell him as if he's stupid. Which I guess at the moment, he is being. "You're just making bad choices. No offence."

"None taken," he takes another sip of water.

Just as I'm about to speak, Ashton awkwardly walks in, knocking on the door to the kitchen as if it's the headmistress' office. "Hi, I was just going to say that it's getting late.."

"Have you heard our conversation?" I ask, not really caring anymore if he did.

"Evi," Theo warns but I shake my head at him and point to the glass of water.

Ashton answers, "A bit?" he says it as a question, as if he doesn't know the answer himself.

I turn to Uncle Theo again, "I need to go soon. But would you like me to stay?"