Chapter Eight

...

Air stayed at his own house until after lunch.  Chess and his guests had all gone into the village to sit in a cafe and drink iced coffees.

Sky and Khemp were both busy at the house as they prepared for tonight's party.  All the field workers were doing just that.  The garden guys were gardening.  Air found himself alone.

He took two bottles of cold water,  a towel,  a novel,  and crispy potato snacks that Khemp had given him.  Air set everything on a lounge chair and dove into the pool.

"Every time we see you,  you're practically naked."

Air opened his eyes and found that the sun was being blocked by Ing and his three younger brothers.  They stood two on each side of the lounge chair that Air had so recently fallen asleep in.

His hair and bathing suit were completely dry by now. Air put his legs over the edge of the chair and waited for two of them to back up.  He stood and took the towel he'd been lying on.

Air was like most of us,  not completely confident with his body.  He knew that people thought he was too thin sometimes.  Other's thought he should work out and build muscle.  He kept his shoulders back.  Air looked at the one who spoke.

"Yes,  I don't sleep fully dressed and I don't swim that way either."  Air waved his hand toward the pool.  "You can swim in your clothes if you like.  Big brother Chess doesn't have any rules about that."

Air picked up his book and the bottle of water he hadn't finished.  He headed across the back lawn, toward his house.

Ing's next oldest sibling leaned close and spoke quietly in his ear.  "You have to step up your game brother."

Ing slapped his bro's upper arm.  "What are you talking about?  Look at me,  and then look at him."  Ing flexed his man titties,  one then the other.  He turned sideways and smacked his own ass.