Chapter Eighteen

...

Chess and Air stayed in the motel bed until the last blissful minutes before check-out time.  

He kissed Air while they both still had toothbrushes in their mouths.  He was giddy and kissed Air a half dozen times while they packed up. 
Chester didn't want to come down from the high he was on,  high on Air.

Their special night was everything it should be, and Chess was not alone in his lingering residue of excitement.  The electricity the pair created last night was tantamount to a lightning strike. 

Just thinking about it made the hairs stand on the back of Air's neck.  Those same hairs were in the same spot where Chester's teeth scraped as he orgasmed.  His hot breath and the rumble of his groan vibrated at the base of Air's neck. 

Air slipped on a fresh pair of shorts and touched the spot.  He smiled.

Chester was concerned about Air and kept asking if he was alright.  He wouldn't let Air carry a bag or do anything.  

"I'm not pregnant P'."  Air drove Chess crazy with a shy look.

Air was fine and said so.  All his fears and worrying about sex proved to be nonsense and pointless.  That might not have been the case, had it been someone else,  but Chess made sure Air wasn't hurt or afraid.  They talked through almost every minute of it.

He felt one thing for sure. He felt closer to Chester than ever. Closer to Chester than any other human being. They were part of each other now.

Chess explained to Air that this was a first for him too.  He went into detail that even Arpa didn't know.  He was able to explain all the feelings that Air was about to experience. 
What Chess didn't know,  was how his part would feel.  He was about to embark on a new adventure himself,  Pool was always the one touching Chess on the inside.
He was so in love with Air he would do anything, but when they talked,  this is what Air wanted.
When the moment actually presented itself,  it seemed perfectly natural.  

They laughed at their fumbles and rejoiced in their successes.  

They went through the experience together. 

Dawn was breaking when Chester said: "Sweet dreams."

Air's exhaustion was evident in his almost whisper.  He told Chess he was happy and this night was wonderful.  Air wiggled tight to Chester's chest. 

"Are we going home tomorrow P'?  I miss  Del and Fair and Green and Pilot and... " 

Air fell asleep.

...