Epilogue

Comment and vote!

[Micheal's POV]

"No Rafael, she's not here or anywhere else. Neither are the other members of her family. I've looked everywhere!", I replied frantically to my brother standing next to me.

"Where the hell is everyone?", Rafael frowned.

My brother and I are visiting the Costello mansion in New York and weirdly we're unable to find anyone. The entire estate looks deserted.

It's been two days since I've been able to get in touch with Valentina. She hasn't replied to my texts or answered my calls since then. That's unlike her. She's also not attending school for some reason. And now her house is vacant. This is beyond unusual.

I don't know where she is! I need to know or I'll go insane. Why is she not reply back to my texts?! I need to know she's okay.

As I was scanning through the area I happened to spot Ryder outside the mansion talking to a guard. Finally someone!

"Ryder!", I called out his name.

Rafael looks at me then at the other direction. "Come on", He gently slaps my upper arm as he jogs towards Ryder.

Ryder's eyes seemed to have become wide saucers at our presence. He turned towards us and I noticed him wince a little at the movement and he places his hand on his ribs.

"Are you okay?", I couldn't help but ask.

"Yeah, it's nothing", Ryder waved it off, then looked at my brother. "Mr Diaz, Don of the Spanish mafia? What are you doing here, if you don't mind me asking?", He looked confused.

Where's everyone gone to Ryder? Valentina? Matteo? Enzo? Xander? Xavier? I'm aware that the others are gone to Italy for work", I demanded.

"We're unable to get in touch with any of them. What's going on?", Rafael frowns.

Ryder's lips parted in surprise. "Uh...you–you don't know what happened two days ago?"

Two days ago. That literally since I've lost touch with Valentina. My heart beat rapidly increased as I started imagining the worse. God she better be safe, please.

"No news came through to us. What's going on?", Rafael questioned, his expressions serious.

"Uh.. I advise you should speak to Ben regarding this. I'm not permitted to mention about anything that's happened to anyone, direct orders from Ben", Ryder shook his head loyally. "We are here waiting for his next orders."

"What?", I was totally confused.

"I'm sorry. I'm aware that you're friends with my Don, but it's our duty to follow orders. And right now I cannot defy Ben when's he's counting on me", Ryder sighed heavily, looking down.

Before I could open my mouth and persist him to tell us what happened, Rafael stopped me with his hand. I look at him with confusion.

"I understand Ryder. No problem. I'll talk to Ben myself", Rafael nods in understanding. "Come on Micheal."

Wordlessly both him and I walk back towards our car and drive home. Our father, sister and grandpa were waiting for us there anyway. Everyone's tensed at this point.

As soon as we walk through the doors Savannah was right there bombarding us with an update. I could see she was on the brink of freaking out.

"What happened? Did you find them?", Savannah asked worriedly.

"No one's home. Ryder asked us to speak to Ben", I informed.

"Why? Something is definitely wrong", Dad frowned.