(19) Care

Valentina's POV:

I felt Dad tense. Everyone was quiet for a while.

"What do you mean?", Ales asked with a emotion I think was anger.

"He was in school today", I cried still not looking at any of them.

Dad started rubbing my back up and down and saying soothing things in my ear.

"Bambina can you turn and look at us please?", Enzo pleaded

I slowly turned my face and looked at them. Their eyes immediately soften and Enzo comes and hugs me.

Dad turns me a bit so I'm sitting side ways.

"Princess please stop crying, I can't see you cry", Grandpa said sadly.

"Yeah please it's heartbreaking to see you like this", Elijah said wistfully

I try to calm down. I was taking shutter breaths. They all wait patiently for me to calm down.

Xavier gets me water and I drink some of it. Dad wiped all my tears.

"Can you please tell us what happened exactly?", asked Uncle Francesco softly.

I hiccup and nod. Dad rubs my back which calms me.

"After lunch I was going to my class when suddenly I was pulled into an empty class with a hand in my mouth. I was thrown inside and I fell down. When I turned I saw Jack", I say

Everyone's eyes held anger and jaw clenched. Xander, Lucas and Damon were opening and closing their wrists as if trying to calm down.

Grandpa nodded at me to continue.

"He made fun about mom's death so I picked up a chair and threw it at him. He dodged it and slapped me", I whisper.

"That bastard", shouted Emilio

I flinch at the loud noise. Mark puts a hand on Emilio's shoulder telling him to calm down.

My three eldest brothers looked ready to kill.

"He told me he wanted to kill me and took out a gun but he said he can't coz his boss has asked him to wait. He said I'll see him again soon and that won't be in school but in a dark and scary place", I say looking down trying not to cry.

"I'll kill him", said an angry Elijah

"How the hell did he manage to get into the school?", Stephano asked pissed

"He said he'll take me away from you guys", I whisper looking at them with tears in my eyes.

Dad put his hand around me protectively.

"No one will take you away from us Val. no one", said Uncle Alfonso seriously.

"Yeah over my dead body he'll take you", Grandpa muttered angrily.

"No you don't understand", I say standing up from dad's lap

Dad looked like he wanted to hold me back in his arms but held back.

"He'll kill me. He said he wanted me dead. H-He managed to get into the school to threaten me. He'll take me away from you, just like he took away mom from me", I started crying.

Ales, Leo and Antonio came to me and crouched down to my height.

"I told you before Valentina. I'll protect you. You aren't going anywhere", Ales said firmly

"We have just found you Val. There's no way we will lose you bambina", Leo said

"That bastard will die before he comes near you", Antonio growled