(16) Threat

Vincenzo's POV:

After Valentina left for Texas at midnight.

Morning.

We all were sitting in the dining table for breakfast.

"Did you find out who messed with our shipments?", I ask

"Yeah it's a local gang trying to steal some", Ales said rolling his eyes.

"They were caught by our men and are in the cells of our base questioned by our men", Elijah added

I nod.

"Did you check up on Valentina?", I ask Ales.

"Yeah, she reached safely and she's in her friends house right now. I'm checking up with the guards from time to time", He said.

"I miss Val", Matteo said suddenly.

Not gonna lie.. Me too

"Yeah me too", Xander frowned

"I miss her trying to persuade me for giving her more syrup for her pancakes", Enzo pouts while eating his pancakes.

"Oh I just miss annoying her in the morning", Xavier smirked

I shake my head smiling.

"Guys it's been only few hours since she's left", Ales said amused shaking his head.

"Besides she'll be back tomorrow morning", Elijah said amused.

"Still it's fun when she's around, especially in the morning", Matteo pouts.

"What are you gonna do when she gets married and you don't see her for more than a day", I snickered shaking my head.

My sons stare at me for a minute processing what I just said.

"She's never getting married", Xander said seriously shaking his head.

"Oh yeah, no chance my baby is going anywhere!", Enzo said dramatically

Matteo and Xavier nodded frantically.

I look at them amused. Elijah laughs.

"Guys just finish your food and leave for school", Ales exasperated.

They nodded and soon left for school.
_______________________

In School.

Xavier's POV:

We just entered the school with the usual looks and whispers going on about us.

We three with a few friends planned to bunk first hour and we went behind the building to smoke.

"Hey where's Valentina?", Noah asked

"Yeah even I didn't see her coming with you today", Cole said curiously.

"Yeah she's gone to Texas to meet her friend", Xander replies

"She'll be back tomorrow though", I say.

They nodded.

We talked for some more time then the bell rang. After some boring hours it was lunch.

We went and sat down at our usual place.

"Val's friends are coming here", Matteo said suddenly.

I turned and saw them coming towards our table.

"Hey we wanted to know why Val didn't come to school today?", Ethan asked curiously

"She's gone to Texas", Matteo said seriously.