(7) More Brothers?!

Comment and vote!

[Alessandro's POV]

(While the siblings were out shopping)

My head wasn't in the right place and for that reason I preferred to isolate myself to my office and bury myself with work hoping it'll do the trick to distract me for time being, which it usually does.

But apparently not today.

I was beyond angry and frustrated. My men haven't been able to track that bastard Jack who's out there living his extended life after trying to choke my little sister to death and...kill our mother.

From the second Dad filled me in on what went down in Texas that led Valentina to find us I've been purely focused on hunting down that lowlife.

I was almost about to pick up my phone lying next to my hand and call him to get an update from my team when the very awaited name flashed on my phone screen a second before I hear it ringing.

Ben

I answer it immediately hoping he has some good news for me.

"Hey sandroo!", Ben, my childhood best friend, someone I trust the most in the mafia greeted me with his patent enthusiasm. "How's it going? You missing me already?"

"I don't have time for this Ben. Why haven't our men found Jack yet? You better have a positive update on him for me", I questioned, cutting through his happiness.

"What? No hi? How's it going? Are you doing well? Do you need a raise already? Nothing?", Ben exclaimed. "Some friend you are."

"Ben", My voice came out all stern and serious.

Usually I'd entertain his antics, but today I'm not in the mood. Jack is all in my mind.

"Fine", Ben resigned defeatedly. "You know we're trying our best Ales. But this guy's either too smart or the luckiest man on the planet because he's genuinely off the grid", He informed.

"Do you expect me to accept that as an update?", I grit. "Of course he's off the grid Ben! He's a wanted criminal."

"I know— "

"We've hunt down people before alright? More dangerous people than this loser. You're telling me we're having difficulty with this one?", This sounded ridiculous to me.

"Don't release your 'overprotective brother energy' on me dude. I want to catch this man just as much as you do. And I will. Just give me some time for that", Ben spoke seriously.

I sighed. "How much time?"

"Let's see", Ben said. "How about until this same day next year? That's got to be more than enough. Right boss?"

"You're joking with me when I'm extremely irritated? Really wanna go down that road?", I snapped.

"Sure, why not? Been tolerating your ass since we've had sleepovers in spider man pajamas which gives me an edge because I've seen all kinds of pissed off Alessandro Costello", Ben replied nonchalantly, and I could almost imagine the cheeky smile on his face.

I couldn't figure out if he's purposely trying to get me to snap at him. Knowing him? It's possible.

"Call me when you have an update", I rolled my eyes, ready to end the conversation.

"You mean not to call you until I have one?", Ben almost shouted, making me pull away the phone from ear a little.

"Aren't you smart? Get to work", I replied.