Mated: Part 1

The racket from downstairs woke me from my sleep, the sound of pots and dishes hitting together, along with the loud music.

I tossed and rolled around on my bed, trying to find the right spot to fall back asleep. When that didn't work, I decided to just freshen up and get some breakfast before everyone ate us out of a home. I knew that Maddison brought home her friends from the party last night, it was a frequent thing.

After I used the washroom and got dressed, I waddled downstairs, a look of irritation plastered on my face.

There were about five or more of them. It was hard to tell from the corner of my eyes as I held my head straight.

They acted as if I didn't exist and I extended the same courtesy.

"Can you at least warn me before you bring the school home?" I snapped when I saw Maddison in the kitchen pouring a glass of milk.

"Hi, Tammia. I'm inviting some friends home. Is that alright with you? Great, thanks" she winked, a wide plastic smile on her face.

"Yeah, whatever" I rolled my eyes as a yawn escaped my lips. I heard the front door open and then a wide range of greetings meeting the person. It was like a open invitation for anyone to walk in. They even got 'good morning's and this was my house, while I received none.

"Good morning, Princess" I heard a warm voice call.

I retreated to the fridge so Maddie could talk to her friend. Maddison's eyebrows raised, but there was no smile on her face, only curiosity. It wasn't her normal response when someone addressed her as royalty. She should be swooning right now.

I turned to look who it was, as a stroke of heat spread through my body, settling in my gut. Christian's smile was obviously, and he looked quite amused at what was happening. My hands fell to my hair and down my body, making sure everything was in place, and that I was wearing clothes.

We stared at each other, our gaze not wavering. Maddison cleared her throat, but when nothing happened, she did it again loudly.

I looked down at the ground, hurrying out of the kitchen, my appetite gone.

"Leaving so soon?" Christian stopped me by the waist.

"What's it to you?" I implored, the sudden intensity from our proximity twisting and mangling my heart.

"I would like for you to stay." He muttered.

"And what makes you think I give a shit about what you would like"

"That's an inappropriate way to talk to your Alph-" he paused as he fought to keep down his anger. He breathed, eyes closed. "Why can't you just accept this?"

"Accept what?" I wondered.

"My affection" He clarified, his thumb caressing my side where his hand still rested. I was frozen, I had no idea what to say or how to snap back at him. This wasn't normal. There was no way after chasing a mouse for years, could the cat wake up and magically have feelings for it. It wasn't possible.

I turned away from him, my anger building from confusion. "You aren't capable of such things"

"Allow me to prove you wrong, Princess" he begged.

I shook my head, looking away from him. I was thrown back by the stares from everyone in the room. All seven eyes were on me, it seemed. I never realized how many people were here in my living room until I looked around. They seemed even more confused than I was, not to mention surprised.

Why was such a reaction shown when they were all in on it... Shouldn't they know what was happening? Either they were all excellent actors, or Christian was truly interested in me. But even if that was true, could I really be interested in him? After all he's put me through?