Star-crossed lovers

I was locked into my room. It wasn't by force but by choice. Ever since I mentioned Chris being a wolf thing, he wouldn't leave me alone. He wanted answers but I didn't have any.

All I knew was that I witnessed a guy transform into a beast right in front of me in real time. I couldn't explain it, I was so fast, and it could have been missed with the blink of an eye.

And then everything began to make sense. The great white. All the late night runs Christian took.

I couldn't explain everything, but it had to be him. The way the wolf made me feel complete when only Chris could give that to me. I felt at peace with the wolf and that was indescribable to me because only one person had ever made me feel that way. It just had to be and I just had to be right. Besides, if I wasn't he wouldn't be trying to talk to me so badly. Probably afraid I would tell someone his secret or something.

I had to attend another stupid family dinner but I was determined to stick with the parents tonight. Go in and out without too much conversation especially since he's been tracking me down nonstop.

I wore a short summer dress with a flower headband to keep my hair in place. I grumbled as I walked down the stairs to meet my parents and sister at the door. The dinner started out awkwardly as I tried not to make eye contact with Christian's pending eyes. His sweater vest hung to his body so nicely that I noticed from the corner of my eye.

Madison gratefully kept him occupied by asking questions and entertaining him.

"What are your plans for the future, Tammia?" Mr. Williams asked.

"Umm," I cleared my throat. "College."

"Do you know which one as of yet?" He pushed further.

"No, Sir." I admitted as I finally looked up for the first time tonight.

"Well I have a few connections here and there," he promised as he looked at me suggestively.

"Right, thank you." I smiled.

"Can I speak to you for a minute?" Christian asked from across the table. I looked down at my plate as I refused to make eye contact. His mother rose to clear the table and I decided to help her.

"Sorry." I muttered unapologetically towards him.

"That's okay." Mrs. Williams promised, taking the dishes from my hand.

"It's fine." I insisted, clearing as many dishes as I could, walking to the kitchen. We began to clear the dishes of food and load the dishwasher when Christian entered the kitchen.

"Can I help?" he wondered as he walked up behind me, holding my hand in his. I was rinsing a dish off when he came behind me. He pressed his body into my back as our fingers intertwined.

His mother noticed the interaction and I hesitated. "What are you doing?" I rasped as I felt myself getting excited. His mother was right there for crying out loud.

"I need to talk to you," he repeated again in an authoritative voice. I crumbled at the sound of his voice in my ear. I gripped the counter for strength as I placed the last dish in the dishwasher. His mother slowly began to excuse herself, a slight smile playing on her lips.

I turned in his arms as I came face to face with the boy I was crazy about. His hair fell against his forehead lazily as his eyes searched mine for answers.

"What?" I fumed, faking anger to hide my lust.

He gripped my chin, lowering his lips towards mine. I turned my head in time and pulled out of his reach. "What are you doing?" I argued.