Space

I sat in English staring at the clock, wondering if it could go any slower. It was almost the weekend and I was ready to get out of the smothering building. The whole week people kept asking me about Christian and what happened between us. Even his friends fought to know.

The thought that they relied on me for information was scary, especially when I knew as little as they did.

Warren avoided my house the entire week, making sure to turn down all my invitations. We studied at lunch instead, even thought it wasn't enough time.

The weirdest thing was that the bite mark on my neck began to burn again the night Chris and I argued. Everyday the burning would feel a bit more intense and present.

I waited for Maddie in the parking lot until she finished talking with her friends.

"Still no word from Christian?" she asked as she pulled out carefully.

"For the twelfth time no" I rolled my eyes

"He's not talking to anyone, Mia. And you're the last person to actually see him. What did you say?" she implored.

"Nothing. He just won't leave me alone"

"Well, seems you got your wish. I don't think we'll ever see him again." She sighed sadly

"What do you mean by that?" I turned to face her.

"Why do you care?" she raised an eyebrow and I relaxed in my seat. Good question. Why should I care?

But even when I knew he hurt me and I hurt him, it didn't feel right. It seemed as if my revenge was much more than he could handle, but why?

We arrived home and I went to my room. I sat on my bed staring out the widow like most nights this week. I had no idea what I was looking for, just the urging pain to find it. When a small light flickered in the small window in the house in front of me, I jumped up. It was the first sign of movement all week.

I felt giddy for some reason, happy just because of a faint glow of light. I fought my way downstairs, battling with my inner voice. Why was I going over there? What was I going to say? What if he embarrassed me?

After all the questions I've been asked this passed week, I kind of felt responsible for gathering plausible answers.

I opened the door after I slipped on my flats. A sliver BMW pulled up in my drive way and I froze. I stood there in my spot, unable to move.

"Tammia" my dad greeted, lugging their suitcase inside the house.

"Mom, Dad, hi" I smiled welcomingly.

My dad kissed my forehead as he entered into the house and my mom took my hand, pulling me back inside.

"Where were you going?" she wondered as she glanced around the house.

"Just to the neighbors. How was the trip?" I asked.

"Fine, where is your sister?" My mom asked.

"I don't know" I held back my irritation as I glanced at my father.

"We had a great trip sweetheart" he sympathized, take my hand and pulling me in his arms. "How was being alone with no supervision."

"Overrated" I sighed as I held on to him.

"Hello parents" Maddie yawned as she crawled down the stairs and into her mom's arms.

"Hi baby. I've missed you" Mother cooed, embracing her biological daughter. I fought back my emotions, wishing that I didn't care whether she did it in front of me or not.