The Rescue

After the group split up, we headed our separate ways. I hopped into the car heading to the meeting location. The car ride was silent and awkward. It was the first time I was alone with any of them, besides Warren, without Christian present.

'We are going to be in so much trouble,' Warren spoke. I kept my gaze outside the window, fixated on the blurred trees and buildings.

'It was an order. It wasn't our choice.' Mario consolidated.

'But the Alpha specifically said she must not leave the house.' Quent joined in.

'Oh shut up. All of you need to stop crying already.' Kathie muttered.

I was beginning to like her. I never thought I would like any of them. Throughout my childhood I never felt like I belonged with them considering we all grew up together. They seemed to have had their own group and their own language. Little did I know they were all hairy creatures with telepathic abilities. Somehow though, I was still jealous.

We were approaching a metal gate that opened up to a pathway. It was extremely dark outside but the half moon shed some light. The large shed beside the house a few feet away glowed in the dark night. Thick clouds of smoke escaped from the small cracks in the frame.

"He's in there," I panicked. I could feel my body being drawn to the shed as if I was within the walls. "Stop the car."

The car stopped before it could reach the metal gates and I opened the door, running up to the large fence.

'What is she talking about? I'm not getting anything from there.' Mario spoke.

"Luna, maybe we should try the actual house first." Kathie suggested.

"It'll be too late." I held on to the metal frame and pulled my self up to the top of the barrier.

'You've got to be kidding me.' Mario whined again.

'If you're going to continue to whine, I suggest you find your ass at the border to help put out the fire. If not shut the hell up. You're giving me a damn headache.' I scold at Mario. They all stared at me in shock. They must have forgotten I could hear them.

Mario's head fell in shame as he bowed. Before I could climb over, Warren was already on the other side with his arm open to receive me. I leaped into him arm and felt relieved when my feet touched the ground safely.

"Mario and Quent stand watch." I instructed. Before I could blink they were all on four legs. I almost got down on mine as well but then I remembered I couldn't. They weren't as big as Chris but they still had a large enough frame to be considered abnormal.

Violent growls appeared from the edges of the property. Around six red coloured beasts made their way over to us, their teeth reared.

Warren growled ferociously at the one closest to us that had his eyes on me. I slowly maneuvered behind Warren when I noticed his advancements.

'Go,' Warren instructed and I ran towards the smoking hut. The doors were chained with thick locks and I eagerly searched for something to use.

Snapping and whimpering continued behind me as I searched. I located the biggest rock that I could find and carried it over to the door. Before I could begin to attempt to break the lock, I instinctively turned around. I moved out of the way fast enough as a wolf pounced at me.

My heart was beating a mile a minute and I wanted to shit my pants. But that had to wait. Not until we were all out of here. I threw the rock hard enough to hit the wolf before picking up a nearby stick.

It seemed like we were circling each other at this point. My knees were bent and my posture was wavering, ready for anything. She napped at me and I swatted her away with the stick, slicing her nose. She shook her head, then peered back up at me again, this time seemingly more angry.

"Did it hurt?" I taunted. She snapped her teeth at me again, her dark beady eyes narrowing in on my position. I made sure to position myself near the door of the shed this time, getting ready to move. "Bring it bitch." I muttered.

With full rage and force, she pounced once more and I rolled out of the way at the last minute.

I felt a sharp slice from her claw as it hit my arm bone, and I yelped in pain as I fell to the floor. The flames opened up into the sky when the weight from her impact forced the doors open.

The fire touched her fur and before she realized it, she was on fire. She whimpered and rolled onto her paws but fell back to the floor in agony. I quickly got to my feet and removed my jacket. She growled at me when I approached but she closed her eyes in pain as her fur continued to burn. I patted and fanned out the fire that began to consume her.

She opened her eyes weakly when I finished but them passed out from the pain.

The outer layer of the shed was on fire but the three bodies in the middle of the room was unconscious. Their heads hung as they remained tied up to their chairs. I ran into the burning structure and quickly untied them. The smoke from the frames filled my lungs by the second and my chest heaved violently.

Mario attempted to follow me into the shed but the fire at the doorway stopped him. He whimpered apologetically. 'It's fine. I'll being them to you.'

I struggled as I dragged the three deadweight bodied out of the flaming wooden structure and into fresh air. They were still knocked out cold by the time we got them to the car.

I had to nearly fight Quent to help me with the other wolf's body but the beauty of this whole Luna thing was I had the final say.

No one said anything as we carried the bodies over the fence and across the yard filled with unconscious wolves. It was still quiet when the smoke in my lungs took over and I passed out my self.