Chapter 8: Stay

(ART NOT BY ME!)
Flashbacks and memories. That's the only thing poor Wendy could ever think as she felt numb. But soon, they faded away as ringing could be heard in Wendy's mind. And soon enough, voices can be heard, as she started to feel pain in her head and fluid dripping on her head. "What should we do to her?", a female voice asked. "We could turn her into food like the others! It could be tasty though.", a male voice said. "Can ya think of somethin' else and NOT food!? We have enough in your fuckin' freezer, baconbitch!", yelled an another male voice. Wendy tried to remember those voices, for it was familiar. Then a sweet, but also broken female voice caught her attention. "D-d-d-don't kill her...", they said. Wendy tried opening her eyes, and got blinded by a bright light. Soon, she can see. There, she saw Pen, lying on the floor, suit even more ripped and some wires all over the floor. "P-Pen....?", whispered Wendy in shock. Pen turned her head, happy to see her alive. That's when the Joy Joy Gang noticed where Pen was looking. Lucky looked at Wendy with a tiny evil smirk. "Looks like someone's awake.", he said, causing Wendy to look up and glare. She asked, "What did you do to her...?". Lucky slowly approached her with a 'Tch'. "Don't tell me ya care for that scrap shit.", he said with a sneer. "What if I do care?", Wendy said back, still glaring. Lucky grabbed Wendy by her jacket collar and pulled her forcefully to him with a pissed off look, which Wendy then stopped glaring. "I don't want to listen any of your fuckin' nonsense, got that?", he said in a dark tone. Wendy nodded quickly, scared.

Then, Malak appeared. Lucky let go of Wendy and turned to Malak with a cool smile. "'Ey, Lord Malak! How's it goin'?", Lucky asked, going over to him. Malak just glared at him, not amused as always. Lucky sweated with a nervous gulp. "H-hello Lord Malak...", Hangry stuttered. Then Penny asked questionably, "Um sir...? Mind asking on why you're here? Is there a problem?". Malak went over to them, Lucky following behind. "Well, no. There's no problem. I am just checking around if you're doing your work.", Malak said, fixing his tie then put his hands behind his back in a formal way. Hangry was about to say something when Lucky went in front of his teammates with a pride look and said while pointing at Wendy, "We do and we've caught this mortal, Lord Malak!". Malak took a look at Wendy the crouched down on her height, since she's tied up in a chair. "Hello, Wendy.", he greeted. Wendy gave a rude reply, "Fuck. You.". Malak just chuckled at her reply. But soon enough, he looked at her more, seeing through her. Wendy started getting uncomfortable about this as the Joy Joy Gang just watched Malak, quite confused. "I can see potential in you.", Malak said to Wendy, after a long moment and  this made Wendy a bit confused. 'What is he talking about...?', she thought. Malak stood up and turned to the Gang. "Untie and let her live.", he said. The Gang's eyes went wide and yelled in unison,"WHAT!?". Pen and Wendy are also shock at Malak's statement. "B-but Lord Malak! This mortal was difficult to catch!", Lucky argued. "Do it or else. Plus, I can see her useful in this dimension.", Malak said darkly, glaring. Penny and Hangry untied Wendy, not wanting Malak's consequence. Then, Wendy was free. She stood up, looking at Malak. Malak turned to her and said, "Don't even try to escape, mortal. It would not do you any good because I have the power to close the portal.". "I'm staying here with a bunch of KILLER MANIACS!? And how the hell can I trust you after you kept chasing me back in the other worlds!?", Wendy panicked a bit and argued. The Gang glared at her, causing to shut her mouth. "Yes, indeed. Do not worry...", Malak said,ignoring the 'trust' part and looked at Pen who is lying on the floor, broken. He snapped his fingers and in a flash, Pen floated, shadowy mists surround her and soon, she was fixed. Pen looked at herself, her eyes sparkled. "She'll keep you safe." Malak said, talking about Pen. Wendy sighed and nodded as Pen went over, putting a hand on Wendy's shoulder. Wendy looked at her with a comforting smile. "I'm sorry for ruining you. You do have a purpose after all.", Malak said. Pen just gave a nod. "Should...I take her for a tour, Lord?", Pen asked. Malak nodded. Pen took Wendy's hand and dragged her friend as she enthusiastically said, "You'll love it here once I show you everything!".

The 2 left as Lucky couldn't keep down his anger. "BOSS, WHAT WAS THAT 'BOUT!? And what do ya mean 'useful'!? She's just merely a human!", Lucky yelled, soon shutting his mouth. "S-sorry...", he looked down. Pen and Hangry just kept silent. Malak said, "Every human has their darkest secrets and desires that they're too oblivious to notice. You'll find out soon enough.", and with that, he vanished, laughing out loud.