(FemVader!FemJediRemnant) Accepting Destiny part 3

Looking back, you try to think.... "Maybe if I went about things differently.... Maybe I wouldn't be here?"

But that isn't the way the world works, no one can outrun destiny..... not for long anyway.....

You stand in the command room, resistance leaders gathered around you as you look out the large duraglass windows at the stars.

Well.... Not the stars.... What float among them..... an armada, you couldn't see who bore the imperial banner but you could feel them.

That familiar sense of dread, strong enough to force someone back into a primal fear.

It was her.

The ships would not fire down upon the planet, none knew why, but you did.

You've dreamt of this moment for months, it's invaded your meditation and prodded at your mind at every waking hour.

Plans were formulated but you heard none of them, you knew your purpose, and with that battle stations were manned and preparations were activated.

That small series of bunkers were turned into a fortress, one that would inevitably be seized and left to ruins it would only stem the tide long enough for an opportunity to open.

As you wound through the halls of the facilities the atmosphere is tense, on some level the others felt this presence.

Men and women scrambled for weapons before heading out of the main fortifications to take position along ridge lines, trenches and snow mounds.

Heading up a battalion was Commander Ajax leading troops up to the trenches amidst the soon to be battlefield.

You had made your peace with him long ago, he had little choice in what he's done, he was as much a pawn as you were.... As she is.....

The cold is biting, it seeps past the gaps in your clothes, the snow sucks at your feet as you trudge against the howling wind.

You can't see five feet ahead of yourself but you don't need to, you can feel your destination beaconing like a lighthouse at sea, a guiding light....

Finally you reach your destination, the old structure shields you from the fierce winds but not much more.

Despite its age the temple has not crumbled to rubble, to the average traveler this might be considered remarkable, but not to you.

The temple still holds the echos of Jedi, past from this realm and rejoined with the force.

Something about this place.... It offers comfort, something any creature needs in their last moments....

You walk the halls every few steps you hear or see an event that's not taken place in thousands of years.

You finally make your way to a large circular auditorium, stone benches surrounding the center of the room with walkways cutting through them.

You step into the center and kneel upon an ancient painting of the Jedi orders insignia and wait.

Even as you wait in meditation you can hear, see, feel the past around you, musings of masters, secret love affairs of knights, but finally.... It's time.

You hear the echoing of boots as they stride the halls and the mechanical measured wheezing of her the dark hand of the sith.

You open your eyes and stand your palm finding the hilt of your saber their she stands, the figure who's haunted your dreams and your waking thoughts.

But a long time has passed since your last meeting you'll not run this time, not that's you'll get far if you try.

"Our long awaited meeting" she says her voice processed and monotone.... Cold.