(GLaDOS!FemScientistReader) Let The Testing Begin Part 1

(This is taking place in a alternate universe)

You started working at Aperture Science as a bright eyed Robotics major from Cornell University, you were always really good with robotics so when the company offered you a position you eagerly accepted.

You were sent to work on the robotics front working on nearly everything from security systems, to lifelike androids, along the way you had met the CEO's assistant Caroline she was every bit as excited to work there as you did, she did little things mostly making sure all the paper work got done and all the instructions from the CEO got from Cave Johnson's desk to desk of the engineers and other employees.

She was more or less the grease that kept the company running smoothly and on time, her excited demeanor did strike a cord with you as you had developed a small crush on the girl.

You knew you didn't have a chance and that was fine, you still had your work, it was rather enjoyable working there as they were pretty lax with what assignments you picked up, as long as you did what the CEO and other head scientists said you could do whatever you want.

You once built a robotic dog that was lifelike in every way except after a predetermined point of time it would self destruct not in a big blast of flames just it would break and shut down.

You figured it could help with teaching children that everything they loved will one day wither and die.

Your peers were.... less then enthusiastic with the idea but the CEO cleared it anyway and rolled it out to shelves.

Your reputation was... complicated at the company you were the best robotics girl they had and your ideas were.... good most of the time.

But one day shit really hit the fan.

Cave Johnson died, he had been deathly ill for months, he could be heard coughing heavily in all of his messages and as time went on his orders got.... strange.... he randomly fired half of the robotics staff for no actual reason and ordered tons of nonsense be produced.

As per his request his assistant Caroline was force to have her consciousness put into a computer, you could hardly finish the work...

You didn't care for many of your colleagues but Caroline was different, she didn't deserve what happened to her, if it were a Just world you lived in, she would have lived a long prosperous life, got married have kids, grow old....

She can never have any of those things now.... you would know, your the one who built the body she had been put inside of.

You were more or less forced to work on maintenance, and test the software for her, to make sure everything went well.

And so the day finally came she was powered up on the day of the bring your daughter to work day.

And that day... it stays with you... in the back of your mind to this day...

Things had started normally the employees cane into work with there respective daughters, you didn't like children so it was a.... challenging day....

One girl seemed ok though, she didn't talk much which helped... didn't blather in about how there day at school went or some dog they saw or some other pointless nonsense, she just sat there, you assumed she was mute.

There was an extended lunch break and a science fair which the silent girl one with a potato.... thing.... that grew into the ceiling when she poured a substance into her plant.

And as planned you all went to GLaDOS's chamber to power her up, the idea was that she would be powered up and the children would be encouraged to ask her questions and she would helpfully answer them with pinpoint accuracy.