(Ellie!FemPurifierReader) For The City Part 2

Another infected, another mistake, it didn't have to be this way, the big wigs in charge could have stopped fighting like petulant children and saw the real danger.

Armageddon could have been so easily avoided if the public would have been a little more mindful of what they stuffed in there stomach.

Your parents knew the end was on there doorstep well before it knocked, the damned news paper found out and just didn't put two and two together.

They got word that spores were in the food but they didn't think anything of it, it was a footnote of what really mattered.

Which celebrity couples were on the rocks, what big trend was sweeping the nation.

They knew though, all of them did, "The Purifiers" they were called, such a ridiculous name for such a simple philosophy.

"See Fedra almost had the right idea ALMOST see they were smart to quell infection in QZ's but only in the QZ's."

"They were so cushy inside there safe zones, jokes on them though, the fireflies made short work of them, either them or there own people."

"See that's the thing about Fedra, there just like there predecessors, the administration looks out for themselves no one else."

"And here we are now, the infestation is completely out of control won't be long before the spores spread out into the streets."

Won't be long until the infected evolve become bigger, stronger, smarter.

Used to be you could only find clusters in damp basements or dark underground's of infrastructure.

Now there's nowhere you can go in the city without running into spores, they are ever present and gas masks (as rare as they are) are necessities.

Sure you might be branded a monster today but your children and your children's, children will know you as a hero who made the hard choices.

That's what matters, the future, the city, at least those freaks in Central Park get the bigger picture even if there all too busy fucking there dogs to see which way the winds blowing.

"A while back a Pack hunting party got jumped by these WarDogs, wiped the poor fuckers out entirely"

"Those lunatics probably didn't even have a reason for attacking they just saw them and pounced"

That's what they told you on your way out to the site, and to be careful of these crazies they aren't really unified but they still roam in groups.

This was one of the smaller ones in the area, maybe 10 or 12 infected at the most but the chance that those freaks are hiding down there is enough to bump up the threat level.

It was you and 3 others in a squad, you grew up with them in there small colony.

When everything started the so called "conspiracy theorists" had already built secure bunkers and safe houses throughout the city.

All it took for them to form was to find out about survivors through radio communications.

Forming was a slow going process with each small cluster of survivors being wary of the others until finally coordinates were exchanged and alliances were built between likeminded individuals.

As time went on the world got worse and worse around them, they knew that it was up to them to fix all this, for the people still alive.

And now here you are at the foot of a large unfinished building only the first few floors are completed.

The tank felt heavy on your backs as you slowly stepped inside, part of your training was building and designing your own equipment, so that if you were ever separated from the equipment you could rearm yourselves relatively quickly.