Malevolence

The Ghost emerged from hyperspace over a large planet that had a hole in it. All of the occupants were awestruck. A quick scan of the planet identified it as the Dead Moon of Antar.

"I think I've heard of this place," Chopper beeped, "this was where the Malevolence was destroyed."

"The Malevolence?" Sabine asked, "That's what caused that big hole?"

"Uh," Ezra said, "mind filling me in? What's the Malevolence?"

"The Malevolence was a battleship used by the Separatists," Kanan said, "it had an ion cannon that could knock out power to multiple capital ships at once."

"So what," Zeb said, "are we here for the ion core?"

"The ion cannon was destroyed," Hera said, "when General Skywalker lead a battalion of y-wings to destroy the ship. We're going down there just to see if anything could still be salvaged."

The Ghost flew to the crater and landed. The atmospheric readings showed little to no atmosphere. It would be just like when they stole the fuel from the Mining Guild with the purrgil. Ezra, Sabine, and Kanan all put on helmets and exited the Ghost. There wasn't much to see, in terms of debris. In fact there was almost nothing. Only a few pieces of shrapnel. They returned to the Ghost and told Hera what they didn't see.

"Well," Hera said, "that's comforting. Someone got to the wreckage quickly."

"The Scrappers Guild?" Kanan asked.

"Wouldn't it have been on a back channel if they were scrapping it?"

"I guess."

Sabine's attention was drawn to something flashing on a monitor. It was a ship. A big ship. She reported it to Hera and the Ghost took off. Once they were in clear space they saw a wedge shaped object with massive tubes running through the center like a plus sign. On the front, port, and starboard sides of the massive plus were gaping holes. In front of the ship was a small fleet that wasn't doing anything. Quick scans revealed the ships were unmanned but fully powered. Purple energy amassed  at the front of the ship and fired out in a ring with a bright center that had lightning going from the center to the rim. Once it passed through the ships, the readings showed they were completely powerless. Turbolaser fire erupted from the ship that fired on the unmanned fleet, and the fleet was torn apart.

"I think we know who got to the Malevolence before we could." Ezra said.

"So what do we call that," Zeb asked, "a Malevolence-class stardestroyer?"

"It fits," Sabine said, "but we can't let that thing loose on the galaxy."

"I'm with Sabine," Hera said, "hang on tight. We're going for the core of that ship."

The Ghost flew forward at full speed. The stardestroyer must have picked that up, because it was turning to have its starboard ion cannon aim at them. It began charging. Hera put the Ghost at an incline to hopefully avoid the ion energy. It fired. The Ghost pulled over the shot around half way before it would have reached them. It passed beneath them harmlessly. The ion cannon began charging again. It tilted itself trying to track where the Ghost would be next. It fired and the Ghost dived under the shot. They got under the ship. Sabine manned the nose gun, Ezra manned the turret, Zeb manned the rear cannons, and Hera, Kanan, and Chopper were ready on the proton torpedoes.

The stardestroyer's turbolasers began firing at the Ghost. It managed to weave its way through the onslaught.  At the center of the ship was their target. From the top, TIEs began streaming to the underside of the ship. Hera dived and brought the Ghost to ascend directly toward the center of the ship. The nose gun and turret fired at TIEs coming at then. The rear cannons fired at TIEs trying to tail them. Chopper's sensors were fixated on the target, priming the torpedoes.

"Target locked!" Chopper said.

"Firing..." Hera said, waiting for the right distance to come, "NOW!"

Two torpedoes shot from the Ghost toward the center of the ship. They detonated as soon as they hit the target. The surrounding hull glowed with red energy. They flew out from under the ship toward where they needed to jump to hyperspace.

"I thought we destroyed the weapon!" Zeb screamed through the comms.

"What do you mean?" Hera asked.

"I mean the weapon is charging!"

The ion cannon glowed with purple energy as it prepared to fire at the Ghost which was sitting, making calculations. Right when the cannon should have shot, it backfired and destroyed the three cannons. The rest of the ship followed in its self destruction.

"We did destroy it," Hera said, "let's get out of here before more Imperial forces come to attempt to salvage anything."

They jumped, leaving the ruins of the ion weapon behind them.

This was actually an idea I'd had for a while. Albeit changed, slightly.