Bright Shadow (Part 2[and a half])

Ezra and Sabine were in the mess hall waiting for Hera and Kanan to return from their mission. They had no food, drink or anything on the table they were sitting at. Sabine had her elbows on the table, chin resting on her hands, as if she was in a thinking position. Ezra was more relaxed, arms folded on the table. Hera and Kanan had left yesterday, and why they weren't already back was confusing to them.

"I still think all of us should have gone," Sabine said, "what could the Black Sun do to two Jedi, a Lasat, a Twi'lek and a C1 series astromech?"

"Well, turn half, if not all, of us in to the Empire," Ezra replied, "for a great reward, for one thing."

"Fair enough."

They stayed for a long while. Ezra noticed that hanging out by the wall behind Sabine was a Besalisk, who had been there for five minutes. Sabine noticed a Rodian some distance away behind Ezra. They glanced to their sides and saw a Duros on Sabine's left and a Trandoshan on Ezra's left. All four of them were doing terribly to hide that they were waiting for one of them to be alone. They both nodded and put on their helmets. The four moved in on them.

"Hello, boys," Sabine said, "there's no need for a fight. Let us leave, and you can have this table."

"We have no interest in the table," the Besalisk said, "there's a wonderful bounty on your head."

"Oh, please. You could sell a y-wing for the same amount that the Empire has out for me."

"We'd never work with the Empire," the Trandoshan, "but the Black Sssssssun wantsssssssss you alive."

Ezra and Sabine both nodded and Ezra Force pushed the Rodian and the Duros straight back to their walls, knocking them out cold. Sabine swung a solid punch into the Trandoshan's face, knocking him out. The Besalisk grabbed Sabine with his four arms. She struggled for only three seconds before slamming the back of her head into the Besalisk's face. Two of his hands flew to his head, allowing her to break free. She grabbed her blasters and set them for stun. She riddled him with stun bolts, knocking him out at last. Ezra and Sabine caught their breath and gathered themselves.

"Black Sun has a bounty on me?" Sabine asked, "Why?"

"No clue," Ezra replied, "did you do something to give them a grudge?"

"No. I mean, unless recruiting Ketsu into the Rebellion counts, but they don't carry grudges unless they align with some sort of vendetta."

Ezra was silent for a couple seconds.

"I have an idea," he said at last.

"Oh, boy," Sabine said, "that's a dangerous statement."

"No, it's a good idea. And simple: I take you to the Black Sun..."

"Already hate it."

"... they give up the bounty..."

"Still bad."

"... and you escape so we can get back to the Rebellion."

"No."

"What could go wrong?"

"I could stay captured, and they'd force you to leave. We could both be captured, me to Black Sun, you to the Empire. You could be captured and sold to the Empire."

AP-5 was walking by. Ezra called him over and explained his plan.

"Well, that plan is certainly terrible." AP-5 replied at last.

"Can you just run the probabilities that this will work."

"Calculating. There is a 38.3% chance that you will both be captured, forcing abandonment from the Rebellion. There's a 25.7% chance of Sabine staying captured while Ezra makes off with the bounty, forcing a rescue mission by the Ghost and all of them being captured. There's a 6% chance that Ezra will be traded out for Sabine."