Haunted Dreams

Yep. Another promo. Taking place between In the Name of the Rebellion and The Occupation.

The Ghost landed on Yavin 4 and let off all of their liberated prisoners. Mon Mothma greeted the Rebels and went directly to Kanan.

"Master Jedi," she said, "I require your assistance."

"What is it?" He responded.

"We sent a small group to explore other temples to the west of here to expand the base. We lost contact with them."

"I'll check it out. Ezra, Sabine, Zeb, with me."

They reentered the Ghost and went into the Phantom. They flew to the east where they saw three massive temples. It would take a while to search them all in a group, so they split up. Zeb took the left temple, Kanan took the right, and Ezra and Sabine the center. Ezra and Sabine ascended the stairs to the top to work their way down. They got to the top and found the exploration crew, all dead. They looked like they were running from something.

"Well," Sabine said, "we wanted to know what happened to them and now we know."

Ezra ignited his lightsaber and walked into the darkness they were running from. Sabine drew her pistols and followed him. They continued on until they came to the end of the hall. On the wall was a picture which had aurabesh writing on it. The picture itself was a yellow triangle with a hole in it. Ezra and Sabine silently muttered what was written. After they had finished, nothing happened. They walked out of the temple and reported their findings to Kanan, who relayed it to Mon Mothma.

THE NETHERWORLD OF THE FORCE, thought a being, GIVING FORCE SENSITIVES GUIDANCE SINCE TIME UNMEMORABLE. WAIT... WHAT'S THAT I FEEL? SOMEBODY HAS SUMMONED ME.

He peered through the Force and saw the two beings who had summoned him.

AH, A JEDI IN TRAINING AND A MANDALORIAN. ODD PAIRING, BUT IF IT WORKS BETWEEN THEM... THEY'LL MEET ME TONIGHT.

Many hours later, back on the Ghost Sabine had emerged from the refresher. She had dyed her hair again. Ezra was the first to see it.

"So?" She asked.

"I like it." He replied.

It was nearly bed time. They went to their bunks and fell asleep.

NOW. The being thought.

Ezra and Sabine seemingly woke up and noticed something was off: everything in the ship had lost color, save for themselves. Sabine tried to paint part of the wall red, but the paint came out gray. They exited their rooms around the same time.

"Ezra," she said, "what's going on?"

"No idea," he said, "maybe we should wake up Kanan."

They walked to Kanan's door and attempted to enter. The door was locked. They walked out of the Ghost and into the courtyard. In mid air, a black triangle began burning blue. An eye with a slit-like pupil appeared inside it. It began cackling.

"Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha," it laughed, "AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

It then finished burning and turned yellow, sprouting arms, legs, and some form of a hat.

"Oh, oh," it said, "Yavin 4, I have not been to another planet in eons!" It addressed the Mandalorian and Jedi, "The name's Bill Cipher. And I'm guessing that in the Old Republic you'd be Romeo and Juliet? *chuckling* I'm just kidding, I know who you two are, Ezra Bridger and Sabine Wren."

"How do you know who we are?" Sabine asked it.

"Oh, I know lots of things!"

"Why are you here?"

"Why you both summoned me! And how rude would it be of me to not show up when invited?"

Silence.

"You know," Bill continued, "this Rebellion of yours doesn't really stand that much of a fighting chance."

"How would you know?" Ezra said.

"Y-wings, criminals fighting for their own way, free will donations, no tanks. As opposed to TIE Defenders, enlisted personnel, proper funding, and more walkers than people in this Rebellion. You need some help. I'd like to offer you guys a deal."

Both were skeptical of his motives, but they heard him out.

"I'm so powerful, I could wipe out the entire Empire in the snap of my fingers."

Ezra and Sabine were intrigued. They could win the entire war with only him.

"I'd only ask for a small... favor," his right hand was suddenly alight with blue flame, "with something I've been working on."

Sabine almost jumped at the opportunity, but Ezra held her back. He reached out with the Force to see his intent. Immediately after a second, he was blown back. Bill's eye said everything that they needed: his intent was seen.

"If we help him," Ezra said in mild panic, "he'll wipe out the entire universe! Not just the Empire, not just the bad guys, not even the galaxy! The entire universe!"

"You should've taken the deal, Jedi!" Bill said, "Once I'm back in the physical realm, you're going to be one of the first I destroy!"

Bill started to grow, cackling. Ezra and Sabine began having two halves of a whole vision: Ezra saw a planet that looked like Ryloth, but with one moon, and more citys. Sabine saw them putting coordinates in the navi computer. Ezra saw a large building with a wheel that had Bill in the center with 10 symbols he couldn't make out. Sabine saw an old man with a strange cylindrical piece of headwear leading them to a large building. Ezra saw a hodgepodge ship with an overload of weapons; he'd seen that ship before. Sabine saw a man with brown hair and blue eyes asking them about Bill Cipher.

Both of them woke up, slamming their heads on the top of their bunks. They both fell back down and after rubbing their heads went back to sleep. They'd speak to each other about their visions in the morning.

Star Wars Rebels: Rise of the Dream Demon. Coming soon.