Captured on Mission

Sequel to Corrupt Fleet.

The Ghost touched down on Yavin's surface. On the hull, a small disk detached and grew tiny legs. It scurried to the crew that had exited and lept onto the helmet being held by the Madalorian. It magnetized and waited for when the crew would go onto a new mission. It wouldn't have to wait long. Mon Mothma informed the crew that Sabine and Ezra had a mission to Scipio to try and convince one or more members of the banks to quietly support the Rebellion. They went into the Gauntlet and took off towards the capital of the banks.

Over the planet Hypori, the Zann Consortium fleet was waiting to recieve intelligence on where their new victims were going to be. It seemed that their waiting was about to pay off. Several seconds later the Merciless recieved a location from the miniature tracking droid that was programed to magnetize onto Mandalorian Iron. The location was Scipio. Tyber ordered the fleet to hyperspace.

After several minutes of silence aboard the bridge of the Merciless, Urai Fenn asked Tyber what he was planning to do with the two.

"Simple, Urai," Tyber responded, "A Jedi and a Mandalorian are to stubborn willed to join the ranks of the Zann Consortium. So instead we will make a profit off of them."

"How so?" Urai responded.

"The Empire pays a pretty price for Jedi. Selling Ezra Bridger to them will give us enough money to spread our criminal empire to the ends of the galaxy. Wren, on the other hand, won't be given to the Empire. Their bounty on her head is too little. Instead... I think I know a certain someone who will pay a lot to have her."

"She would just as soon fight her captor than submit to us." Urai pointed out, "Mandalorians have a strange fire like none ever before witnessed in the galaxy and seldom seen in other beings."

"Details, Urai, details. I don't think that she'll be able to fight against Jabba the Hutt's entire palce court."

"Are you suggesting--"

"I already made up my mind," he interrupted, "Jabba's always looking for entertainment. And Sabine Wren is still a human. When we get her to Jabba's throne room, her spirit will crumble once she is put in the slave costumes that he desires young, pretty creatures wear."

"The hard part is getting them. Neither Jedi, nor Mandalorians go down without a fight."

"Which is why we have all of our Starvipers equipped with deployable buzz droids. They'll disable the ship allowing a small team of defilers to take them down."

"If attacked, they will signal the Alliance for assistance."

"Thanks for pointing that out, old friend. That is a bridge we will cross when we get to it."

Soon after they emerged from hyperspace over the planet Scipio. Instead of seeing the Ghost, they saw a Mandalorian ship. Lifescans showed that there were only two passengers, so they assumed that it was their ship. Zann sent out Starvipers to take them down.

Several Minutes Earlier

"Why does it have to be so hard to recruit some bankers to sneak the Alliance credits?" Ezra asked as the Gauntlet was taking off.

"The banks are under control of the Empire," Sabine explained, "So they would know that they're losing credits, and would take out the entire system."

Once they left the atmosphere, several ships emerged from hyperspace. And they had seen those exact ships only hours ago. Several Starvipers moved to engage, but before they fired, they launched pods at the Gauntlet. When they landed it was revealed that the pods contained dozens of orbs. They opened and Ezra and Sabine were startled to see that they were buzz droids. They began to tear the ship apart.

"GET HERA!" Ezra shouted.

Sabine commed Hera quickly.

"Did you two finally decide to check in?" she asked

"Hera!" Sabine shouted, "We've fallen under attack! The Zann Consortium has--"

The communication was cut off.

"Kriff!" Sabine shouted, "We're being jammed!"

"No!" Ezra responded, "The buzz droids cut power to the comms!"

A few seconds later, they heard an explosion off of their right. They looked and saw that the wing was gone.

"KARABAST!" Ezra shouted, "STARBOARD ENGINE IS GONE!"

As soon as he finished, another explosion was heard off of the left. The other wing was gone, too.

"Blast!" Sabine said, "There goes the other one!"

The main hull of the ship was now careening towards the fleet, unable to be stopped. Ezra and Sabine grabbed their weapons and waited for any opportunity to get out. Eventually they were caught by a tractor beam and brought over to one of the few Keldabe class battleships present. The remainder of the ship landed on the floor of a hangar bay. Both of them went to the rear of the ship to prepare for an army that would undoubtedly attack them. The airlock opened up in a large hiss of smoke and steam. Before they could react three stun shots were fired at each of them.

Aboard the Merciless, Tyber was awaiting the report.

"Sir," a defiler commed to him, "we've got them."

"Excellent." he said. "Now, prepare to jump to Tatooine. We will deliver Sabine to--"

"Tyber," Urai interrupted, "You have an incoming transmission."

A hologram appeared in front of him.

"Why," he said, acting surprised, "If it isn't the face of the Rebellion herself! Senator Mon Mothma! Please, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Let's not waste our time with formalities, Tyber," she responded, "You have captured members of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and I want them back."

"Of course, Senator! Anything to help the Alliance! Of course... I could give them back to you outright, but... what's to stop me from just leaving now with them, and getting payed handsomely by contacts who would love to meet these two?"

"If you give them back to us," she paused. She couldn't believe she was negotiating with a criminal, "The Alliance will reward you. Eighty thousand for both of them."

Only eighty thousand? he thought, The Empire would pay triple for Ezra, at least. And Jabba... for a pretty thing like Sabine, money's no object. But eighty thousand could get me some more tech for the soldiers.

"You have yourself a deal, Senator. I'll send rendezvous coordinates when I select a system."

The transmission ended. Tyber smiled at what he was planning.

"This is undoubtedly a trap," Urai said, "They will be able to tell that we aren't sending Ezra and Sabine if we send them an empty transport ship, and if we give them up, we won't get paid by the Empire or Jabba."

"You're right," he responed, "they'll have their entire fleet at the rendezvous point that I choose. So it's best if we send them two beings. Two beings... with the exact look of Ezra and Sabine. Reconstructive surgery has been around since at least the Clone Wars, as have voice diguisers. Find a boy that is about the same as Ezra, a girl about the same as Sabine, and train them to be defilers. We can start corrupting the Rebellion as soon as we get paid by them."

"An excellent strategy, Tyber."

As Urai walked away, the Consortium fleet jumped into hyperspace. His new plan could not fail. He'd be able to get technology that even the Black Sun wouldn't be able to find, and then he'd be able to wage his personal war on the Empire.

Is it just me or is this actually dark? And yes... third part coming soon.