Mobius Prelude

Taking place during the latter part of Family Reunion and Farewell.

Ezra pushed the stormtroopers back into the room outside of the bridge, knocking them out. He then reached with the force to grab two pairs of cuffs. He grabbed them out of the air when he heard PEW and felt pain in his shoulder. He yelped after the blaster bolt made impact with his shoulder, and using the force he threw the blaster out of the window. Then he held Thrawn in place using the force. He cuffed his hands and his feet and left him in the tentacles of the purgil.

He looked outside the bridge and saw that many of them were jumping into hyperspace.

Time to go, he thought.

He ran past the unconcious troopers into the nearest turbolift. He exited on the level the escape pods were on and he began running through the halls to get to them.

"Ezra," his comm beeped, "Ezra, get out of there right now. That's an order."

He was about to respond when a blaster bolt hit his wrist comm. He saw where the shot came from and pulled the trooper past him. He was at the escape pods. And according to the computers, most of them were already launched. The trooper he had pulled away was about to take the last one. He climbed in when he felt the ship preparing to launch. He quickly closed the pod door and launched. Right after the rear exited, the Chimaera was thrust into hyperspace. Ezra was about to breathe a sigh of relief when he remembered: the shield was still up. He opened the back of the escape pod, and leapt out. He turned around and saw the pod make impact with the shield only seconds later. Reaching his hand out, he used the force to slow his descent and pass through the shield.

He landed on the top of the command center and walked to where the Ghost would pick them up. The second he reached it, he heard glass shatter behind him. He turned and saw a purple and black head of hair look his way. His eyes met hers and she instantly shot up onto the roof and ran to him. She slowed down upon reaching him, and slapped him across the left cheek.

"AH!" he exclaimed, "Sabine, what--"

"That was for not responding to Hera!" she replied. She then slapped him across the right cheek, "That was for making me think that you died in the escape pod!" she then grabbed him by his shirt and said, "And THIS is for coming back!"

Ezra prepared to be head butted for no apparent reason. He was very much surprised when her lips met his, but he quickly relaxed and let himself deepen the kiss. 

Once they separated, Sabine said, "Don't leave me, Ezra. I don't know what my life would be without you. I love you."

Ezra hugged her tight and said, "Don't worry Sabine, I won't. I love you, too."

The rest of their band was already on top of the dome. Most of them had a smirk on their facesas they had seen the entire exchange. Their attention was quickly drawn to some stormtroopers that had followed them up. But they were quickly put down by the Ghost, which had its ramp extended. The rebels boarded the ship and got away from the dome. Inside the cockipt, Sabine sent the command for the dome to start flying. Once it reached the desired height, they were ready.

"Sabine," said Hera.

"For Kanan," she said, pressing the button.

The dome started blowing up, until at last the entire thing exploded. They won. The Empire was off of Lothal. Now they needed to know: where would they go from here?

"It's over," Hera said, "What now?"

"I think that I will go back to being a pirate," Hondo said, "It was fun fighting the Empire with you fine allies, but my place is out there. With the valuables of the galaxy. But should the Rebellion need my services, I will help."

"I'll ship arms directly to the Rebels," Vizago said, "I'm not ready to commit yet, but I'll help from the sidelines."

"What about you, Ketsu," Sabine asked her friend.

"I'm not done with bounty hunting just yet," she replied, "but if the Rebellion needs me, I'll be there."

"Wolffe?" Hera asked.

"I'll join the Rebels." he replied simply.

Kallus, Rex, Zeb, and Mart were all onboard with going back to the Rebellion. Finally it was down to Sabine and Ezra.

"Ezra?" Hera asked.

"I'm staying." he replied, "The Empire will be back someday. I know it. But it doesn't mean that I can't help my people prepare for their counterstrike."

"I'll stay with you," Sabine said, "They'll need all the help they can get. And so will you."

"Alright." Hera replied. "It's been decided. Would you two like anything from Yavin, before we part ways?"

They both thought for a bit.

"There is something..." Ezra replied.

Three hours later

The Gauntlet set down right outside of Ezra's Tower. Out of the back, Sabine and Ezra came carrying boxes. Nearby, the Ghost set down. The two disappeared into the tower. Several seconds later, they came back out at the base. Hera and Zeb were waiting for them.

"Well," Zeb said to Ezra, "I'll probably see you after the war."

"Probably," he replied, "I'm gonna miss you, Zeb."

Zeb pulled him into a hug. "I'll miss you, too."

Sabine and Hera were simply hugging. 

"Ezra," Hera said, "Good luck."

"Goodbye," he responded, "And remember: the Force will be with you."

"Always."

Ezra and Sabine went back into the tower and up to the top. They leaned over the railing and watched the Ghost lift off the ground. As they were waving at the ship, Ezra began to have a vision.

A very fat man in red and a stiff mustache cackling in front of a monitor; a large planet, as green as Yavin 4 but with more oceans; droids that he had never seen using technology that was somehow a mix of ancient and obsolete; and an assortment of beings, most having one very dynamic color, all being led by a blue being with green eyes and pointy ears saying, "Welcome to the Freedom Fighters."

Then the vision was over. He noticed that he was still standing and staring into the sunset.

"Ezra?" Sabine asked, "Are you alright?"

He turned his head and looked at her, smiling, "Yes."

Aaaaaaaand that's all.

I'm serious.

OKAY, OKAY IT'S A PROMO FOR A STAR WARS REBELS CROSSOVER NOVEL THAT I'M WRITING!!! ARE YOU HAPPY FOR THE EXPLANATION!!!

For those interested, the book is called Star Wars: Mobius Rising.