The Corrupt Fleet

The Ghost was traveling through hyperspace en-route to the planet Saleucami. They were on mission to the planet, but had yet to be briefed on what they were to do.

"Ok, Chop," Hera said, "put command through."

The crew gathered around when Chopper displayed a hologram of General Dodonna.

"Captain Syndulla," he said, "you and your crew are heading to the planet Saleucami to investigate a fleet claiming to want to join us."

"Any word on who it is that's leading this fleet?"

"He only told us his name, and that he was an ex-imperial."

"His name?"

"Tyber Zann."

The transmission ended. Sabine's face showed worry. She exited soon after. Ezra followed. She locked herself in her room. Ezra stood outside and sensed her... quaking in fear? Did Sabine know who this Tyber was? He used the Force to open her door. She was sitting on her bed hugging her knees.

"I didn't give you permission to enter," she said.

"You're afraid," he said in concern, "Why? What do you know about him?"

She looked away and patted the spot next to her. Ezra sat down next to her and she began talking about this man.

"Tyber Zann was an ex-imperial, that much is true. But he wasn't kicked out of the imperial academy he was at because he didn't like how the Empire treated its citizens, he was kicked out for arms dealing. Tyber Zann isn't a Rebel, he's a criminal. After he was kicked out, he started his own crime syndicate: The Zann Consortium."

Ezra was not stunned, but surprised.

"When you were a bounty hunter, did you ever run into them?"

"On more than one occasion. Ketsu and I would often run into one of his operatives whenever we chased a target. And we only did one job for them. After that, we swore we would never work with them ever again."

"What--"

"They had us intimidate the population of the planet Mygeeto." she interrupted, "Had us assassinate the leader of the planet, who already spoke out against the Empire. Who was an innocent."

Ezra couldn't find anything to say. He wanted to be optimistic, but odds were that the Zann Consortium wouldn't be willing to fight the Empire for the same reason as them.

"We're about to exit hyperspace," Hera said, "Let's get ready to meet them."

They exited the room both with an air of concern for the ship itself.

"Hey, Sabine," Ezra said, "Random curiosity, but how well armed was the Zann Consortium when you last saw them."

"Poorly," she replied, "they only had a couple of Interceptor IVs, a couple of Skipray Blastboats, and a squadron of Starvipers."

They dropped out of hyperspace and saw a massive fleet in front of them. The Zann Consortium had grown immensely since the last time Sabine had seen them. They no longer looked like a group of pirates intent on stealing the wealth of a planet. They were now an army ready to strike against anyone, or anything, that got in there way. Sabine saw just how much their armada had improved, and she was amazed, frightened, and shocked. They had a surplus of Interceptor IVs, Skipray, and Starvipers as well as ships that she had never seen before, and some that were at once in service to Mandalore itself.

(A/N: I'm only including these pictures so you know what kinds of ships they have. And so you know what they look like.)

)