Cave In

This was supposed to be a routine mission on Vanqor. There were supplies waiting that were already loaded onto the Phantom and they were all set to leave. But they didn't account for the gundarks that inhabited the planet. The Phantom was now trapped in the cave alongside its passengers. At the cave entrance, two beings are trying to remove the rockslide that now trapped them.

"Kanan and Hera aren't going to like this," said Sabine.

"Well, they should have remembered that this planet was home to gundarks," said Ezra, "do we have any clue on how long it's going to take to dig the Phantom out?"

"If we were both jedi we could probably get out now, but seeing as how you are and I'm not, it could take us a few days."

"And the ship doesn't have any rations on-board, does it?"

"Only rations enough for about a day or two."

They continued working on the pile. In the distant back of the cave, they heard a roar. Sabine pulled out her blasters and Ezra pulled out his lightsaber.

"I'll make sure nothing comes this way," Sabine said, "try to reach Hera again."

Ezra walked into the Phantom and tapped the comm.

"Hera," he said, "Hera, can you hear me?"

"E..." came a reply, "whe... y... nal... we... eing... mmed?"

"Hera?"

The comms died again. Ezra left the Phantom.

"No good," he told Sabine, "the walls are still too thick."

"Blast," she said, "we need to get those stones removed if we want to have a stronger signal."

There was another roar heard, not as distant as the first one. The gundarks were coming.

"Let's hide in the Phantom," Ezra suggested.

They jumped into the back and closed the door. They waited in the cockpit and saw three gundarks running right for them. They were about to pass the Phantom when they saw the two humans inside. That made them stop and they began circling the ship. The two decided to start the ship to look for a secondary exit. The engines fired up and they rocketed forward.

With the gundarks all over them. Sabine tried rolling the ship to shake them off. They seemed to have an iron grip on the hull. Ezra tried connecting with a couple, but they were too strong willed. They continued trying what they could to get them off. In the the light of the crystals inside the cave gave them some clarity with flying, but there wasn't a concentration of daylight to guide them out. After ten grueling minutes of flight they came to another exit. The Phantom could fit, but they'd also bring the gundarks out as well. Sabine decided to take the chance. They flew out and the gundarks wasted no time in trying to rip the ship apart. Only seconds after beginning an ascent from the cave, the ship began falling. Sabine tried to set the Phantom down gently. She lowered the landing gears, only to hear rapid beeping indicating something was wrong. She tried to slow the ship down, but it kept careening towards the surface.

"Ezra!" She said, "Get ready for a really bad landing!"

The ship's bottom slammed into the ground. It continued grinding on the ground until at long last nearly slamming into a cliff face. Both of them caught their breath. There were no longer any gundarks on the ship at all. Ezra tapped the comm, but only got static.

"Great," he said, "they destroyed the comms."

They heard a familiar roar a few yards away. They looked in the direction it came from and saw the same 3 gundarks.

"KARABAST!" They both shouted.

The gundarks proceeded to continue ripping the Phantom apart. Ezra and Sabine were thrown from the cockpit to the holding area amidst the supplies. The viewport shattered and they saw the hand of a gundark begin shredding the control panel. Sabine and Ezra held each other.

"This isn't how I thought I'd go," she said, "I always thought it'd be fighting the Empire or a crime syndicate."

"I thought I'd go of old age," Ezra said, "not torn apart by mindless beasts."

A clawed hand tore through the wall in front of them.

"If you have any last minute confessions," Sabine said, "I think we'd better clear the air now!"

"I always thought bantha meat was worse than womp rat!"

"I never cared for meilooruns!"

"I missed you a lot when you went to Mandalore!"

Sabine grabbed Ezra and thrust her lips on his. Ezra was clearly taken aback by it. But he enjoyed it.

Once they separated, Sabine said, "I love you, Ezra. And I've been wanting to do that for a while now."

They then noticed the ship was no longer being torn up. They exited hand in hand and saw the Ghost hovering a ways away. They looked back at the Phantom and saw three dead gundarks. The Ghost lowered its ramp and Zeb got the supplies from the Phantom to the Ghost.

"Hera," said Ezra, "nice of you to show up. And to tell us about the gundarks."

"Oops," she said.

Is that an odd place to end?