THIRTEEN

《︎𝘈𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝》︎

(play the video above cuz I ain't trying to type out all of these song lyrics 😂)

"You're not gonna tell anyone about this?" Willard asks as he looks nervously at Ren's cousins and their friends.

"No, I'm not gonna tell." Ren says.

"I'm serious, Ren!" Willard says not believing him.

"I promise. Just follow the girls. They know what they're doing, and you don't." He turns and walks to sit by Woody and Chloe, who was there for emotional support and a good laugh.

"Woody, anyone on the football team man?" Willard asks.

Woody shakes his head. "Nobody will know." He sticks a straw in his mouth and turns to Chloe and Ren. "Everybody will know." Chloe shakes her head. The stereo plays "Let's Hear It For The Boy."

"One, two, three, four." The little girls whisper."My baby, He don't talk sweet." They sing along to the music.

"Come on, man, you got to commit." Chloe yells.

Ren elbows her."Go help him dance, maybe he won't feel as awkward if someone his age is up there." She nods and runs over and starts to dance with the girls.

"He ain't got much to say" Chloe sings with the girls.

"Come on, commit to the move." Ren yells. "Shake it." Willard starts to get more comfortable. "There you go, there you go. Show me what you got. More hips."

"But I don't really mind." Chloe looks at Willard as he dances.

"Less hips. Less hips." Woody yells.

"Every time he pulls me near I just wanna cheer!" The girls including Chloe, jump and punch the air with one hand. "Let's hear it for the boy!"

"And we're jumping. And we're jumping."Chloe laughs at Willard.

"Okay Willard, now a hand in front."Chloe yells as she gives him instruction.

"Let's give the boy a hand! Let's hear it for my baby, You know you gotta understand" Chloe turns back to Ren and Woody.

"He's getting it a little bit." Chloe says. They pretend they all have microphones in their hands.

"Ohh. Maybe he's no Romeo" Chloe sings at Willard. "But he's my lovin' one man show." She shakes her hips in a circle. "Let's hear it for the boy!" She turns and high fives Willard.

"Good job, Lard."

Willard bows. "I think I'm pretty good."

Chloe cringes. "Eh. You're getting there." Woody walks up and grabs Willard's shoulders.

"Let's go to the football field. I gotta get some gangster in you." Willard nods. After a few minutes Willard and Woody leave. One of Ren's cousins, Sarah walks up and grabs Chloe's arm.

"Clover, do you have anywhere you need to be?" Chloe shakes her head. Sarah and Amy smirk.

"Hey Rennn." Amy drags out. Ren turns to them.

"Yes Amy?" Amy whispers something in Ren's ear. He smirks and nods.

"Hey, do you want to come down and see the lake?" Ren asks Chloe.

"Uh yeah sure." Chloe says giving him a confused look. Ren nods and turns to the girls.

"You guys go in the house and tell uncle Wes that we will be back shortly." The girls nod and run home. Ren turns back to Chloe. "Follow me."
Ren and Chloe walk down a trail that leads out to a big lake.

"Woah! I've lived here my whole life how have I not seen this before?" She exclaims.

"The girls and I were out exploring one day and found this place." Ren says walking over towards the water.

"It's gorgeous out here." She whispers. He nods as He starts taking his shoes off.

"What are you doing?" Chloe asks.

Ren shrugs. "Oh nothing."

She glares at him."No, no, no. You're lying to me." Ren shrugs and walks towards her.

"I am many things, Jenkins. But I am not a liar." Ren quickly picks Chloe up and throws her over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" Ren laughs and takes Chloe's Shoes off. "Ren, I swear I will beat you if you throw me in there."

"I would love to see you try." Ren says before throwing Chloe into the water. She jumps up out of the water.

"You son of a b-"

"Watch it there. You don't want me to tell your daddy you've been cussing." He taunts, making her roll her eyes.

"It's freezing." She says shivering. Ren rolls his eyes.

"It can't be that bad." Ren runs and jumps into the water. After about two seconds he shoots up out of the water. "Okay, so it's really cold." She nods.

"I told you." She sticks her tongue out. He splashes some water at her face. She glares at him before returning the favor. They have a water fight for a solid five minutes before Chloe starts coughing. "Okay! I surrender!" Ren laughs and quits splashing her. They make eye contact. Chloe starts to swim away but Ren grabs her from behind.

"Chloe. I need to tell you something." Ren whispers in her ear making her shudder. She turns to face him, wrapping her legs around him in the process.

"What?" Ren stares into her eyes as he tries to find the right words to say. Chloe smiles slightly. He shakes his head. "Quit smiling. I mess up my sentences every time you look at me like that." Chloe giggles softly.

"I'm sorry." Chloe says trying to keep a straight face. Her eyes widen. "Ren what time is it?"

Ren shrugs. "Probably about 6:00 PM. Why?"

Chloe quickly let's go of him and runs out of the water.

"I'm supposed to be home in 30 minutes." Chloe scrambles around and tries to get her shoes on. Ren gets out of the water.

"I-I'll drive you." Ren says. Chloe shakes her head.

"No Ren I can walk."

"I'm driving you, Clover. Whether you like it or not." Chloe huffs and nods.

"Okay."