9

《︎𝘙𝘦𝘯'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝》︎

I was in the library trying to get some work done. I heard footsteps and so I look up and see Rich. The weird kid from the racetrack. What does he want?

"Hey, man. Chuck's pretty sore about losing that race. I mean, you blew up the man's bus, dude." I smirk to myself and turn back to my work. It was pretty awesome. Rich pulls up a chair beside me. Great. "Yeah... Bomont blows, dude. I don't have to tell you that, though, do I?" I huff and turn to him. Maybe if I give him the attention he's seeking for he'll leave me alone. "Yeah. I've been to Chicago. St. Louis. Been up to some of them clubs in New York City. I been around. Just like you, man."

I smile at him. "Oh, yeah?" I don't feel like talking to this dude so I get up and take my paper with me. I go over to a book shelf and try to find the ones I need. Chloe made me a list so I wouldn't forget. She's such a nerd.

"Psst, Hey." Crap he followed, I turn to look at Rich. He looks around before whispering to me. "You get high? 'Cause I do... every darn day." I roll my eyes. "If you want, you and I can go burn one right after school. You know, city mouse, country mouse... Blazing!" Rich bites his lip as he makes hand motions. I get up closer to him.

"What makes you think I'm anything like you?" I scoff and walk off. He whistles at me and so I turn around.

"This is what we call a take-homer." Rich whispers as he puts a blunt in my jacket pocket. I take it out and try to give it back.

"I don't want this." I hiss. He shakes his head and walks away from me.

"It's cool. It's cool." He waves me away and continues to walk off.

"No, it's not cool. Take this..." I try to give it back but he won't budge.

"We can go down to the rail road tracks and chief one now." He mentions. Gosh this dude is such a nuisance.

"No, seriously, take this."

"Hey!" Crap. I look up and see the librarian. "What is that?" He points at the blunt in my hand. I put my hand behind my back.

"What's what?" I say like an idiot.

"In your hand. Let me see it." Rich runs off behind him. "Young man. Hey!" While the librarian is distracted I quickly run into the bathroom. "Hey! Stop! Hey! Stop, stop!" I run into a stall and slam it shut. I quickly flush down the blunt. The librarian keeps banging on the door. "Open the door!" The blunt is down the drain I open the door and get dragged to the office.

meanwhile..

《︎𝘈𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝》︎

Roger called Chloe into his office after school. After hearing that Ariel was dancing at the diner it made him wonder if she was also participating in heinous activities.

"Clover, I need you to be honest with us." He starts.

She stares at him and then at the officer. "Honest about what?" She asks, acting clueless.

"Friday night." Roger says. She continues to give him a confused look. "Ariel Moore, along with some other kids from your school were caught dancing very inappropriately at Claude's Diner the other night. Which is against the law in case your generation has forgotten."

"Okay. Where are you going with this?" She gives him a confused look.

"Where were you last Friday night?" Officer Herb asks.