TWENTY

《︎𝘈𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝》︎

"Chloe, You look stunning!" Rusty squeals. Ariel and Rusty decided to help Clover get ready since she wasn't exactly a "girly girl." They are all at Ariel's house.

"Really? Is it ok, though? I mean, it's not too simple, right?" Chloe asks as she brushes her dress down with her hands.

"Oh, baby, simple elegance is something to strive for." Vi says leaning against the doorframe.

"Plus you look hot!" Ariel says making Chloe laugh.

"Yeah. That Ren McCormack is a lucky fella." Vi teases. Chloe blushes and looks down.

"Ariel I still can't believe you scored a date with that baseball player." Rusty says referring to Ariel's new fling.

"Yeah I think my taste in men has improved a bit." Ariel says.

"That's for sure." Chloe says cringing at the thought of Chuck. Vi grabs a box from the corner of the room.

"Well, you can't go to a prom without a corsage." Vi says handing one to each of the girls.

"Oh, my gosh. Mom! It's beautiful."Ariel says excitedly.

"You didn't have to do that." Chloe says. Vi smiles and shakes her head

"I know I didn't." Vi lifts her brows. "Oh Clover, your father is gonna want to see you!" Chloe nods and heads down stairs to see Roger. She sees Roger and Shaw sitting at the kitchen table.

Shaw glances over and sees the girls coming. "Well don't you three look fancy."

"It is a dance after all." Ariel says hugging her dad. Chloe walks over to Roger.

"No boots?" He asks with a smile on his face.

"Not tonight. But I may bust out the white converse." Chloe says making her dad laugh.

"Can you help me pin this?" Chloe says holding up her corsage.

"Sure." Roger nods.

"It's not that kind of corsage. It goes on your wrist." Ariel says from the other room. Roger gets it fastened on her wrist. He sighs looking over Chloe.

"You have no idea how hard it is for me to let you walk out that door." Roger says making Chloe frown. "I just want what every parent wants... I want my kid to come home safe."

"I know it's been hard on you, trying to keep us safe and all. And I know I haven't made it any easier. I just don't want you to be worrying about me. And I'm tired of disappointing you." Chloe says looking down at her heels.

Roger pulls Chloe into a hug. "I was never disappointed in you, Chloe." She smiles.

"Hey, Rog, guess what? We're dancing." Chloe says as they sway back and forth. They pull away when Rusty runs into the room.

"Clover, Ren just pulled up!" Chloe nods and says bye to everyone. She grabs her things and walks outside. She smiles as she sees Ren hopping out of his yellow bug. He had the cutest little suit on and it just made her heart flutter.

"I was going to come up and..." Ren starts but he cuts himself off when he sees Chloe.

"What? What's the matter? Is there something on my dress?" Chloe starts to frantically dust of her dress. Ren shakes his head.

"You look beautiful." Chloe looks back at him and smiles.

"Yeah?" She asks.

"Yeah." Ren nods. "Come here." Ren says holding his hand out Chloe smiles and grabs it.