SIXTEEN

《︎𝘈𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝》︎

Ren and Chloe arrived at the diner where they were meeting Woody and Willard, they got there early so the went and grabbed a booth. She nervously runs her fingers through her hair.

"Hey, it'll be okay." Ren says rubbing her leg, trying to comfort her.

"No it's won't! Last time someone "beat me up", Willard lost his mind!" She whisper-yelled. Ren gives her a confused look, making Chloe huff. "Look long story short. A boy shoved me into a locker when we were in seventh grade and Willard knocked the dude's front teeth out."

"As he should." Ren scoffs. She rolls her eyes. She sees Woody and Willard walk in, she quickly ducks her head down under the table. "Chloe!-" Ren squeaks.

"Be quiet! They're here.." She whispers.

"Okay but it's pretty obvious that-"

"They're coming!" She says cutting him off. Ren rolls his eyes and looks up. Woody and Willard approach the table.

"Wassup, McCormack..." Woody says. He glances down at Chloe. Willard furrows his brows. They sit across from them.

"Whatcha doing, corncob? Did you find a piece of gum." Willard teases. She bangs her head on the table and sits up still hiding her face.

"Ouch.." She whispers as she holds the back of her head. A waitress walks up.

"Hey y'all! What can I get you guys?" She asks in a peppy tone. Chloe quickly grabs and menu and holds it in front of her, hiding her face.

"I'll take a order of Chili Fries and a chocolate shake." Woody says handing her the menu.

"I'll have the same." Willard shrugs. She nods and turns to Ren and Chloe.

"Uh I'll take a burger, no mustard please." Ren glances at Chloe.

"And I would like some jalapeño poppers and a coke." She says. The waitress nods and starts grabbing the menu's. Chloe holds a death grip on hers but the waitress still managed to snatch it. Revealing Chloe's black eye in the process. The boy's eyes widen.

"Uh, I'll have that out shortly." The waitress speeds away.

She glances at Willard, who literally has steam coming out of his ears. "Will, before you get mad-"

"Chloe, what the hell happened?" Willard
spoke in a dark tone. It even gave Ren cold chills, and not the good kind.

"Well, to make a long story short. I kinda got beat up." She rubs her neck nervously.

"By who?" Woody asked looking just as angry as Willard. She looks back down.

"Cranston." Ren said, clenching his jaw.

"I'll beat his rear end." Willard says standing up.

Ren jumps up. "Willard-"

"I'll help you." Woody says through gritted teeth.

"Guys. We can deal with him later." Ren says.

"No Ren! No lady should be touched like that, especially her!" Willard raises his voice.

"Willard." Chloe says softly.

"Don't even, Clover! I'm mad at you too. Why wouldn't you have us there in case something like this happened."

"Rusty and Ariel were there, and it's not like I planned on fighting him." She retorts. He shakes his head.

"You could have been seriously hurt, Jenkins." Woody crosses his arms.

"Believe me. I know. But it doesn't matter now. It's already happened and we can't do anything now. I'm sorry." She says as her eyes start to gloss over. Willard huffs, feeling guilty. He slides to her side of the booth and hugs her.

"No I am." He mutters. "Chloe, you're my best friend and you're basically my little sister. I don't like seeing you like this." He gets up. "Just don't let it happen again." She nods. They all get back in their seats.

"Please tell me you at least got some good hits in." Woody says, making everyone laugh.

"I busted his truck up pretty good." She laughed.

"Even better." Woody says fist bumping her.

Willard's eyes widen. "What are you gonna tell Roger?"

She shakes her head. "He already knows, I don't think I'll be allowed back in my house tonight after the choice of words I used." Willard cringes.

"How bad was it?" Chloe looks to Ren.

"Oh I was there. She cussed in the church, and she got slapped by Ariel." Ren says. Their jaws drop.

"You mean you got hit twice!" Woody huffs.

She nods. "Forget that. You cussed?!" Willard shrieks.

"Yup twice." Ren lifts an brow at her. "Oh yeah I called Chuck a B.I.T.C.H." She spells out the word. "But don't worry I asked for forgiveness. So Jesus and I are good. Never again will I use that type of language. My mother would double over in her grave." She says making the boys laugh. The waitress comes back with their food. After a while they finish up at the diner.

"Chloe, I texted mom and she said you could stay with us if you need to." Willard says. She nods.

"We should probably head out though. Since Ren has a big day tomorrow." Woody says nudging Ren. They all nod. They head out the door. Ren softly grabs Chloe's elbow.

"Hey are you gonna be okay?" He asks softly. She smiles lightly. She softly pecks him on the cheek making him blush.

"I'll be okay. Now go home and rest." He nods. They look back at the boys. Their eyes were popping out of their heads. She elbows Willard in the gut. "Let's go, I'm tired." They walk to Willard's truck.

sorry if this chapter sucks. I'm exhausted😬😔