Brothers for Life

~LeSane~

"Get muthafuckin buckets!" Avery called out after I made the 10th three in the game I was playing at the Y. We were shootin around with a couple of guys for today. I hadn't had time to have fun in a while due to me going back to school and training to become a police officer. With my experience in the army, I have the benefits in becoming a firefighter as well but I'm straight off that. As long as I'm saving lives and serving I'm good. I was glad that Avery hit me up. I had to talk to him anyway. This nigga Dana been kickin it with been havin her occupied as fuck. Dana is my best friend and I want her to be happy but damn, can we do what best friends do anymore?

" That's game my brotha!" Avery shook my hand. "SHOW ME THE MONEYYYYYY!" He put out his hand as our homie David laughed and swatted him away.

"Boy if you don't get the hell outta here. You know damn well you aint bet on the game." David sat on the bench shakin his head.

"Fawk you mean?! I shook up with Ronald right before we checked up." Avery swore.

Ronald smacked his lips, " You buggin. You ain't shake shit. Ya boy LeSane did all the work. I was breakin ya ankles the whole game!"

Avery stale faced him as everyone started to laugh, "Man I taught Shawny everything he know."

I stopped dribblin the ball and gave Avery a crazy look, "What?"

" I swear I did. He used to come over our crib and I used to cross his ass all night. Ask Dee."

"Boy I know you lyin, lookin like a muhfuckinnnnnuhhhhhhh" David started to clown Avery and we began to laugh even harder than before.

"Look, yall niggas buggin and yall hatin like some lil bitches. Let's go Shawny Man." Avery was tryin to keep a serious face but couldn't help but smile. "Yall childish. But we'll see yall next week. And the next time we will bet and take money."

"Yea yea nigga. Tell Dee we said wassup lil homie." Ronald called to Avery before we duced out.

We hopped in my car and headed to Arby's. "So what's up with you man? How college life?" I asked. I know Dana said that he'd been havin trouble being motivated to stay in school. He reminds me of myself.

"Shit is stressful but I been dukin it out. I know Dee told you. She tells you everything. But I ain't trippin."

" Barley. But I understand how you feelin. School ain't no joke and I ain't ever like it either obviously. But you smart as hell boy. You can make it through. You see I went back."

" Yes I suppose I can."

" You suppose?" I asked smilin.

He shook his head and smiled, "I can."

" Yous right." We laughed a little.

"But whatchu mean by my sister tell you everything 'barely'?"

" She just seems pretty occupied lately with homeboy named Bishop. I don't even know who he is. But ya sis and I only hung out 3 times since I've been back. It's been a good two and a half months."

" You used to hangin out 24/7?"

"Yea. I guess that's it."

"I feel you. But dude... I mean, he cool or whateva. I know him but I don't fuck with him like that. I see him around at parties sometimes. He's a womanizer but not too much of one. I never seen him in a relationship before but I think he really diggin sis."

" He work?"

" Yea, he work at Foot Locker. He hook me up sometime but I think it's only because he want Dana ya know?"

" Yea I see. You think they may be serious? "

" I honestly don't know. Dana not the one to get cuffed but you never know. Like I said, he is a womanizer. "

I nodded my head and realized we were already on his street where his apartment was. "Iight then fam." I dapped him.

" You know LeSane, I always wanted you and Dana to be together. I don't know why you waited so long. I know you love her and don't want to ruin her happiness. But you know she should be occupied by you, not bitch ass Bishop." I looked at him for a minute, " But that's none of my business. Just know you my brother for life and I got you no matter what. If he do my sister dirty, you'll be the first one I'll call so we can beat his ass." We laughed, "but for real though. I gotchu bro."

" Thanks man. I appreciate it. I'll see you later lil bro." I drove off and was left with my thoughts. Lil bruh was right. I don't know why I'm waitin. Dana is my forever girl. I deserve her and she deserves to be treated like the best. I just need to meet this nigga Bishop. I think I need a new pair of shoes.

Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating for a while but I've been totally busy with life all together. The awesome news is that I am going to try and write more now that I've been accepted into STILLMAN COLLEGE of Alabama. Need to get used to my writing if I'm going to major in it. But here's something very quick very short very sweet for you guys to read. Leave votes, likes and comments.
BadGalSheaa